Guy, AR

Posted May 19, 2010
Guy-Perkins High School has some of the most wonderful faculty and staff that I have been around. They truly care about the students and strive to help them any way they can, both academically as well as emotionally and socially. They educate the whole child.

Posted August 28, 2008
My children have been going to Guy-perkins for over nine years and now all of a sudden our children are considered guilty until proven innocent oh excuse me even when given proof of innocence their still guilty (because they said so attitude)and my child and her friends are discriminated against because of their race and the fact that we dont come from one of their families and have money.

Posted July 31, 2008
My kids have been attending Guy for a few years. The new superintendent took the 'fun' out of going to school. It shouldnt be all about work work work. Its hard for anyone who is not related to family that grew up in that area or great at sports to be accepted. Anyone that has family can do as they please and get away with it or be forgiven quickly (just about everyone is related somehow). But outsiders coming in will feel a wrath on their mistakes. Watch out standing up for anything you believe in Right or Wrong. You will be branded as trouble.

Posted February 06, 2008
I have lived in different areas of North Carolina and Arkansas. My child is an A/P student who consistently scores high on standardized tests. Guy-Perkins High School has exceeded expectations in academia. My complaint is not with the education system there, but with the apparent lack of team effort between faculty and staff. A job in public education is hard to begin with. A lack of motivational support only makes it harder. The school board needs to step back and look at quality programming with key, top teachers. Guy-Perkins is small enough to be a great school. I hope the powers that be allow it to be so.

Posted October 31, 2006
We are new to this school and have been very pleased with the quality of the education, and with how well our child has been received by the students, faculty and administration. This is a small school where faculty and administration are committed to quality education, and the superintendent has a real vision for the future.

Guy-Perkins High School 3

Posted January 29, 2006
I believe that our school is wonderful and that our students have a wonderful patiental, but our principle and our superentident are in it more for money than the good of our kids. I believe that our potiental is not being reached and that we could do a lot better if our leadership was better. I also believe that we do need teachers that are good and responsible. Almost all of our teachers and that is wonderful, but to just make kids read all the time is stupid when the 7th, 8th, and 11th grade english teacher knows that we need help with language arts skills.

Posted November 30, 2005
This is the first year for my child to attend school at Guy-Perkins and I am very thankful for the overall quality of the school. The students have made the transition a good one for my child. The teachers have all been very helpful and caring and eager to help. The administration has shown itself to to be one that makes decisions based on what is best for the children and have been very consistent and fair in all dealings that I have had with them. This is by far the best school that my child has attended.

Posted November 08, 2005
I am very pleased with the education that my child is receiving at Guy-Perkins school. I am confident that all decisions made are based on what is best for the students. The addition of Ed-Line is very beneficial. I am thankful for the teachers and administration at GPS. They are doing a fantastic job!

Guy-Perkins High School 4

Posted November 05, 2005
The faculty needs to have a more understanding that the parents are THE last say of what happens to their childern. We have semi-new leadership in the H.S. and they have the attitude that they know all. Overall Guy is a good small hometown type of school.

Guy-Perkins High School 1

Posted August 24, 2005
we became homeschoolers rather than be forced by a superintendent seeing dollar signs rather than the good of the student to go to this school which is further from our home than the school of our choice.

492 Hwy 25 North, Guy, AR  72061
Last modified Guy-Perkins High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guy-Perkins High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top