Hackett High School

Public | 7-12

Posted June 23, 2014

Hackett is a terrific little school. My niece started here in the middle of the year of second grade and Ms.Collier has been wonderful! She is a great, loving,and very caring teacher. Im so glad that my children attend this school. Mr.Kennedy we will miss you.

Posted May 14, 2014

This school degrades anyone who isn't born and raised there, a member in my family attended this school and made better grades than most of these in-bread jokes but yet when it came to the awards ceremony he didn't receive a single award and he even had a cord but yet no award to help back it up. Its all about who is in the inner circle to these people and whoever moves from out of town gets left behind. I can only hope this school gets closed downed soon. I beg you that I would recommend any other school, not this one.

Posted August 28, 2013

The education here is a joke and the students aren't that accepting of new students. Still hasn't caught up with the rest of the modern world.

Posted August 17, 2009

I love the Hackett school. I went to Hackett all my life and my children will go there, Just as I did. I couldn't ask for more caring teachers and staff. For it is a small school and that is what I like, seems they are more caring about learning then the money.

Posted March 20, 2009

I graduated from Hackett High School. I actually attended school at Hackett most of life. I do not think the education that I received there translated well once I went to college. I went on to a large university and I felt very ill prepared. I made excellent grades while in high school, but I felt as if I had to try 20 times harder than the other students around me. I took a biology class my freshmen year and I remember thinking that I had never heard so many of the terms that everyone else seemed to already know. I feel that, for the most part, the HHS teachers did what they could. It just seemed as if they had to dumb down the material in order for people to pay attention or to even pass. Hopefully, things have changed since then - but I doubt it.

Posted December 18, 2008

I think Hackett is a great school. I'm in the 9th grade and have been here since kindergarten. I plan to graduate at hackett. My sister did. And she is almost through with college. She started in the 7th grade and liked it. I love it now and forever!! Cassady Ross

Posted January 17, 2008

Both of my sons went from 1st and 3rd grade, all the way to graduation at Hackett High School and i wouldn't have had it any other way. What a wonderful school--wonderful kids, wonderful faculty--i could go on and on. Thanks so much to everyone who works so hard to make Hackett such a wonderful place to raise a family!! Sincerely, Lisa Mancuso

Posted February 21, 2006

I am proud that my children attend Hackett. The teachers are wonderful, I also think Mr. Kennedy does a wonderful job with such a small school. The children here are wonderful.

Posted August 18, 2005

I have been to Hackett Schools all of my life and if and had the will to change that I would not. Just because we have some not so great students here does not mean we are not a good school.

Posted May 13, 2005

Mr Pierce is an excellent Math Teacher. The availabilty of extracurricular is excellent. School tends to favor family members of staff and teachers for positions in the extracurricular activities and special awards programs. Some parents are involved more than others.

Posted January 9, 2005

i believe that Hackett should have an EAST program so that students could have a new experience with computers.
—Submitted by a former student

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 70% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 48%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

102 North Oak St