Hector, AR

Hector Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2014
I find it hard to believe that I would ever need to rate a school with one star however there is no an option to give it a zero. I put my children into the school at the beginning of the school year both of them excited about going and learning new information. Due to an attitude from the principal I made the very easy decision halfway through the school year to pull them out of the school. The school did not notify me of my child's behavior (even though they would deny) till almost 2 months in to school. When they did notify us through the "very limited" letters home it was always to inform us of something that happened 2 weeks in the past. We requested a meeting at least twice and still had to wait til the parent-teacher time which was scheduled late into October. After the PTC in which the principal was requested to attend, she got up after 5 mins and left, the teacher did start sending home daily informative updates about "issues" (half were just bogus) that my child was having. The final straw that we were insulted with was the principal sent a letter (received right before Christmas) that stated my 5 year would be suspended for any additional issues.

Hector Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2009
I recommend this school highly. The teachers do care and so do the administration overall. It is a small school and the children do get a lot of one on one time with the teacher. I wouldn't have wanted my kids (3) to go anywhere else but Hector.

Hector Elementary School

Posted November 26, 2008
I wouldn't recommend this school. The teachers don't care if a child is learning or not.

Hector Elementary School
104 Sycamore St, Hector, AR  72843
Last modified Hector Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hector Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top