No rating

Southwest Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 393 students

Living in Little Rock

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $60,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $620.

Sweep tile

Posted December 8, 2013

We have had our daughter in the school since she was 18 months old. Most of the teachers she has had are excellent and go above and beyond, however this year that has not been the case. My daughters teacher seems to be more concerned with her social status then actually teaching/caring for the children under her control. During a meeting with the principal I was told that my child, who is no angel but isn't a horrible child, needed to be medicated and that we should think about moving her to another school. We haven't had any trouble with her in any other class. I requested she be moved to another class to see if a change in leadership would help. I was told that it was a stupid request. I believe this is due to our lack of extra funding, aka fund raisers, that we have been able to participate in. The administration seems to not care about how we feel because we don't give lots and lots of money. Overall it is a good place, but I caution you to look elsewhere before committing to this school.

Posted October 16, 2012

Awesome school! My kids LOVE their school, teachers & principal! The staff & administration are wonderful and so loving! My 3 kids know more scripture than me. They daily chapel services are so great! I love it & recommend it to everyone! One thing I appreciate is they do NOT tolerate bullying. They do their best everyday, and my kids are thriving there. Oh, and reading some of the negative reviews below, they do not ask for donations. They do request we participate in fundraisers, which ALL schools do. No, they do not have a lot of extra funds flowing in...but Tuition is affordable unlike so many other private schools. I'm thankful to God for SCA.

Posted October 16, 2012

So thrilled with our experience at SCA. God is there everyday. My kids love it and so do we!

Posted October 16, 2012

My family and I have been a part of the SCA family for 20 years. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. This is our home! GO LIONS!! :)

Posted October 16, 2012

I am proud of the mission of SCA and have only wonderful things to say about Southwest Christian Academy. My two children are well grounded in God's word thanks to the support of the daily chapel services and teachings in each and every class. I am so thankful for the leadership of the administration and that they do what is right in the sight of God no matter what.

Posted October 16, 2012

Awesome school and wonderful teachers that genuinely care about our children. My kids have been there since pre k-2. Not only do they have a curriculum for 2 year olds they also teach them the Bible at such an early age. Now in upper elementary, both my kids excel in their education, sports and are extremely sociable. As a parent that went to public and private school growing up, there is nowhere else I would send my kids. We love our school. We can call it "our" school because we are one big family. Our theme this year is "we are family". No matter what religious or ethnic background you are, you are completely welcomed into the family.

Posted July 7, 2012

Lack of ethnic % in grade school & high school. Majority of income based on preschool & I believe administration supports this thinking. They would have less $ woes if they think outside the box. My three children attended & were able to attain a higher social climbing (dance courts, student counsel, etc.) after leaving. They must accept ethnic diversity in their school, or #'s will remain low, which leads to problems w/ students and real life social skills w/ those that are different once they leave this school. A real shame because there are some excellent teachers here who don't hold the same beliefs. Praying this changes.

Posted June 15, 2012

SCA only cares more about money then the care of a child. Since I never donated money to the school. They kicked my 3 year-old out of the school.

Posted May 8, 2012

I attended this school so I know first hand how the staff and teachers are. First they care way more about money than they do the students. . They tried to charge my parnets for a school year that I didnt even attend there and when we tried to get my transcripts to go to a different school they wouldnt give them to me. Overall this school is awful and I would never send my kids there.

Posted November 13, 2009

Great School. My children's elm. teachers go well beyond what is expected of them. I had one child that had some learning difficulties. Teachers were always willing to spend time after school to help.

Posted April 2, 2009

I am a very happy parent of a thriving, funny, socialable boy. He loves SCA, his friends & his teachers. He enjoys the ABEKA curriculum & for the most part is an A-B student. He plays basketball & football & really enjoys both teams. He has attended SCA since he was 2.5yrs old. I have great respect & admiration for the teachers & the administration. We have had a wonderful experience at SCA. They are very loving, caring & genuine. I'm sure every school has issues, but you work together & you talk about things. If there has been any issue, I have talked about it or sent an email. No matter the issue, things have always been resolved in a Christ-like manner. I appreciate SCA & their dedication. Yeah, there might be fundraisers, but what school doesn't do those these days? We love SCA! GO LIONS!

Posted December 15, 2008

Not pleased w/the structure and overall academics. Pleased w/christian values. More like a daycare experience for my 4yr. than a learning enviornment. My child will move soon.

Posted November 24, 2008

As a former student, current teacher and a parent of two in preschool at SCA, I have a great love for the school. It is clear to me that the faculty and administration are passionate about helping parents grow strong, responsible, Christian students. Among the things that set SCA apart from other private, Christian schools in the Benton-Bryant-Southwest Little Rock area is that even in tough economic times they still make a real effort to increase academic and athletic opportunities for the students every year while keeping tuition well under that of similar programs in Central Arkansas. I was prepared for college, and the quality of education has improved since I attended. I wish I could have had the opportunity to get concurrent college credit for classes as the high school students do today. SCA was a great experience for me as a student, and I want that for my kids.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 4, 2008

This is an excellent Christian school and its administration has the students at heart both spiritually and academically. Praise God for SCA!!

Posted June 16, 2008

My children spent a couple of years at SCA. The elementary teachers were very good. The problem at SCA starts in the middle school grades. A couple of the teachers are good. Math and Grammar are the areas where my children have declined the most. After leaving SCA, my children were very far behind in math and grammar skills. Upon taking the standardized testing for this past year, one child who had always tested 2-3 grades above her level prior to SCA, is now testing at grade level. This child made all A's at SCA, with one or two B's in the past two years. In my opinion, the school lacks leadership and oversight. The school constantly talks about how little money that they have and the need for more and more fundraisers. The school is a better alternative than public school.

Posted October 17, 2007

Our kids have attended SCA since the early years, one entering middle school and one in the upper elementary school now. The pre-school and lower elementary teachers seemed to stick to a consistent and loving pattern of classroom control, and the curriculum is challenging, but good. One reason our kids will not be back next year, though, is due to the overall lack of professionalism of the upper elementary teachers. We are greatly disappointed at this point.

Posted September 14, 2007

Our children have been attending SCA for a few years now, and we will leave them here. Some of the teachers clearly teach for a love of children. There are a lot of fundraisers, and I agree that it is 'who you are' that counts. We do like the relaxed atmosphere and casual dress (no uniform) as we are on a very tight budget, but the core of the school (Christian values, etc) is not lived out in as many teachers as should be expected.

Posted January 30, 2007

My children attended and my grandchildren now attend. There are wonderful teachers there and they offer an awesome curriculum. My children finished out school in the public school system and I wish I had never let them leave, it was a horrible experience. But thank God they were there long enough to get the Christian value needed and a good base education. I have recommended many people there and will continue to do so.

Posted January 28, 2007

Overall, SCA is an excellent school. Although this is a Christian school, not every parent who places their child there has an affinity for Christ, nor do they particularly care for the Christian leadership or emphasis of the school. Without knowing the values of those who have expressed an opinion, I would be hard pressed to take stock in what they are saying. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that their child is getting the most of their classroom teaching. Is their room for growth at SCA? Absolutely. What ministry or business isn't always looking to improve? I've had the pleasure to discuss many difficult issues with Mr. and Mrs. Stewart over the years and have always found them to keep every decision student focused. The teachers work at SCA simply because they love Christ and they love children. I am blessed to have my child there.

Posted April 29, 2006

I agree with the parent who wrote the Feb 06 review. It is all about who you are and how much you donate. The leaders of this school are not what seem to be. For the most the teachers are great people but my children were not prepared for college.

Asian 1% 1%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

11301 Geyer Springs Rd