Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted May 05, 2016
We chose to have our oldest child start Kindergarten here at FHSA this year and I am SO glad we made that decision! Any staff that we've ever had interactions with have been positive and fruitful. I absolutely LOVE the way critical and creative thinking is implemented throughout all of the subjects and I appreciate the hands on approach that the teachers have. My favorite example is when they were doing the story of the The Three Little Pigs for literature, they then were asked to construct houses out of various materials (graham crackers, marshmallows, etc.) emphasizing the engineering aspect of their curriculum. Then, using the scientific method, they made hypotheses about who's would stand/fall and why. This is one of MANY examples of the multifaceted approach they use towards reaching. I am very proud to have my kiddo in this school and I look forward to his younger siblings attending when they reach school age.

Posted December 08, 2015
that is great school. it's Helping parents get a great education for their children is our mission.

Posted October 21, 2015
Thank you to LRSD for taking a failing school such as the old Forest Heights (2 years ago) and turning it into a thriving, successful school that is NOW Forest Heights Stem Academy. We moved our son over from another middle school in the area to start his 7th grade year at FHSA - he loves it! We now have an 8th grader and a 6th grader at FHSA. The middle school teachers are top notch, communicate with the parents and CARE for their students. FHSA admin, staff and students are among the best in the Little Rock School District. FHSA has been such a nice alternative to other middle schools as well as private schools. Little Rock is very fortunate to have this school turn around and even more fortunate that our kids are able to be around a positive environment at FHSA! Quality teaching and learning environment at FHSA!!!

Posted June 22, 2015
This school has really changed since the conversion to a STEM School. The administration, teachers, parents, and students are all committed to making this a great school for the LRSD.

Posted December 04, 2014
Forest Heights has changed alot in the past year.The foul launage is gone,the discipline is in good shape and the teachers are in control of their classes.To all the people out there who thinks Forest Heights Stem Academy is the same school it was last year well it isn't so I would appreciate if you would stop writing bad reviews.

Posted January 06, 2014
This is an almost horrible school there is at least one fight a week, and teachers have almost no control of their classes. Lots of foul language. If you want to learn this is not the place to go. The students are so wild that you would get no learning done. There are a few great kids and if you hang out with them it can be a good experience at the school. But for the most part I don't think it's that great of a school.

Posted August 08, 2013
My older daughter attended this school two years ago, and now I have a younger one who has been placed in this school. With the reviews below, I can concur and am now VERY concerned. Be prepared to be both the parent AND the teacher for your child.The teachers were confrontational, the priniciple didn't respond unless I contacted the superintendent. And even then she would rush your concern, and promise to get back with you.....which she never did! The counselor is a gossip . My child's grades declined, and one class was even allowed to go for about 5 months with a new substitute changing weekly, while the entire class failed! And again, it wasn't until I threatened them with a federal act that something happened. I might just bus my child to Maumelle instead of dealing with this.....NOT A GOOD SCHOOL!

Posted October 03, 2011
My son attends this school, and I could not be more disappointed. If you are looking for a good school, look beyond Forest Heights. The teachers are rude,and do not seem concerned about the learning process of its students. Check their scores.

Posted May 14, 2010
Many teachers are excellent at Forest Heights. The Principal is not responsive to parents. He lacks the leadership and management skills to get control of discipline. He displays indifference to parents and students when they have clear issues to bring forth. Unfortunately, many parents must pass on this public middle school after excellent elementary schools.

Posted May 04, 2010
well, times has definitely changed since the last post about this school...I would like to encourage any parent that is looking into Forest Heights, not to...I used to attend back in my day, and it was really nice...I loved every minute of it, but, after transferring my child to that school (thinking it was the same as if I was still there) it has been tragic. I have had so many problems since my child has started attending that school...the principal, asst principal are scared to speak with the parents, when the parents have a right to know why or how they are trying to control unruly kids. The kids are going around bullying the kids that actually do want to learn, and the faculty and staff know this, but, nothing is being done about it. It's really horrible...please please please seek elsewhere

Forest Heights Stem Academy
5901 Evergreen St, Little Rock, AR  72205
Last modified Forest Heights Stem Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.