Posted February 01, 2014
I went to Baker K-5th grade and loved it. My favorite teacher was my 5th grade teacher, Mrs.Huey. She thoroughly prepared me for middle school. She was also very loving and helped me with everything. Baker also has a great economics program. I would highly recommend Baker!

Posted September 06, 2013
Baker is the most under-rated school in West Little Rock. Everyone knows about Roberts and Yes it's great. Chenal Elem is also good and has the flashy name with newer facilities, but Baker actually produces better test scores than Chenal and matches Roberts. There is ZERO compromise with Baker. It is very convienantly located compared to Chenal/Roberts but you lose nothing on academics and peer group quality. Cherry Creek and Woodlands Edge neighborhoods feed Baker so you get good middle & upper-middle class core peer group along with a higher than normal Asian-American population which I personally think is a good sign about the school. Baker also has good diversity because of M2M and Magnet programs. If you want to send your kid make sure to check attendance zone by calling PCSSD as it is not at all obvious. DON'T ASSUME. Verify the address and don't assume. Two houses side-by-side to each other will literally send their kids to different schools! There is a huge drop off between Terry Elem (LRSD) and Baker (PCSSD.) Do your homework.

Posted August 22, 2013
Baker Elementary is a good school with enthusiastic teachers, has an enormous amount of parent participation and a wonderful economics program. We are embarking on our 4th year there.

Baker Interdistrict Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2013
I had a major issue with a 1st gread teacher trying to place my child in special education and my child was on the A & B honer roll all year. 2013 was a very irritating year!

Baker Interdistrict Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
I had a major problem with my child first grade teacher communicating with me. I never heard a teacher say he is just not getting it. She was not willing to give me extra resource to help my child when I asked. I am normally pleased with the teacher at Baker, but this school year has been awful.

Baker Interdistrict Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
We moved to LR at the beginning of my son's 5th grade. The academics at Baker were great for my son's excelling aptitude. We were thrilled with the high expectations. Unfortunately for us, the school puts children who have been there throughout elementary years first. My son was not allowed to patrol morning drop off lanes or afternoon pick up lanes because he had not been there until 5th grade. He felt left out when it came to preferential picking for extra duties. But for learning and knowledge this school was one of the tops in the area! Thanks Baker!!!

Baker Interdistrict Elementary School 4

Posted January 22, 2013
Our son has been attending Baker for 4 years and it is a very good school. We visited Pulaski Academy when he was in 2 nd grade to compare their curriculum to bake and found Baker was teaching everything that PA does. However a lot depends upon who your teacher is we had one year where his teacher was inattentive and while in other years he had excellent teachers. The teachers are very responsive and as long as you take interest in your child's education they will answer all questions by email. Principle George is good and involved. I have concerns about school's security as the neighborhood this school is in is a very safe area thus school is very lax on visitor access. Overall for education it is good they have AR and Alpha programs.

Posted August 24, 2012
There is great communication between the teachers and parents. Teachers provide notebooks and folders that parents are asked to review and sign in acknowledgement each week or each day. Our new principal is very involved, says hello to the 520 students by name, and they are happy to see her. The school has evolved tremendously over the last few years that my two daughters have been there. There is tutor availability there. There is an autistic child there who receives daily tutoring as well as summer tutoring. It truly is an exceptional school with very involved parents and outstanding teachers and faculty. The accellerated reading program and ALPHA program are available for advanced students as well as music, art, and archery.

Posted July 13, 2011
Baker Elementary is an exceptional public school. The principal is outstanding and the teachers are amazing. We have been there for four years now and have no complaints. the academic program is unsurpassed and challenging. The principal is a strong leader and programs are very effective. Very active PTA organization which is highly effective.

Posted August 19, 2010
i absolutely love this school, my children are doing quite well and the principal is outstanding, we need to have more teachers and Principals like this school, they are the perfect example of how schools in Arkansas for elementary kids need to be like. Thank You Baker staff and especially the Principal ~Blessings

Baker Interdistrict Elementary School
15001 Kanis Rd, Little Rock, AR  72223
Last modified Baker Interdistrict Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baker Interdistrict Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.