Bad
Good

My child goes to Mtn. Pine and she is in the elementary . I agree with the other person that said the school doesn't want the parents involved with the students at the school. Anytime you come to the school a lot of the staff is very rude, and the act like they don't want you to be there. They need to be more welcoming to the parents I understand they are trying to protect the kids ,but there is no reason for them to treat you like a criminal.

I am a parent of three children that have attended Mountain Pine and presently do now. My oldest son is a senior in college and maintains a 3.8 GPA. Both of my daughters are in advanced placement classes and allowed many opportunities to explore the world around them. I did read the statement provided by the individual from Texas. Currently holding a degree in Early Childhood Education and working with children my entirelife, I would love to be able to speak with the teacher of this child. Maybe they were dealing with a SPECIAL ED. NEED. There are always two sides to every story. Glad you are back in Texas! Hope you are finding your school system accomidating there! GO HOGS!

My son attends Mountain Pine and is currently in Kindergarten. I have not been impressed with my child has learned. Most of what they've done all year he learned in Pre-K. School will be over in less than 9 weeks and he is just now beginning to read from memory with sight words. He is struggling to sound out words and I've had to work with him a lot at home to get him to where he needs to be. Regardless of what I do with him at home, he will only fall behind by the day with what I teach, because the school is so far behind. I agree with the lady from Texas. We are looking to move very soon, just to ensure that our children do not attend Mountain Pine any longer. The entire district lacks professionalism and parents that want to be envolved are quickly shunned away.

I think that mountain pine is the best school that my childern have ever been to. The teachers are grate too.

okay i'm a student at Mountain Pine and I have been blessed to be apart of a school that has so many respectful students, volunteers, and teachers! Yes most of us were born and rased here as well as our parents and most of us are related, but we all stick together and help others to reach there goals. We have a normal school that has smart people and people who are challenged... Our teachers try the best they can, the problem is lake of careing. I have been cheering here every year scence 2004 and i'm now the Jr High cheerleading Co-Captain. I'm also a Basketball Player and my first year to play for pee wee I needed shoes and a ride to practice... most of the coaches got together and helped pay for them for me. If your willing to learn, you will be pleased with your childs advancedment!

My son has attended school MP for 11 years and I am more than satisfied with the schools performance in all areas. I think that the staff and parents have a very close relationship and the fact that it is a small school only enhances it's greatness. We have the best athletic programs in our conference for high school and no where around will you find a better pee wee program. They are defending their 10 year as conference champs and there is no cost for the kids to participate in football, basketball or cheerleading at the pee wee level. The parent that wrote the reveiw that was from Texas and didn't leave her children but 4 months should have stuck around. We are a big family and want more to join our family. See for yourself you will love it too.

Last modified Mountain Pine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.