Sherwood, AR

Posted April 21, 2015
This was a wonderful school for my son. He attended there pre-k-5. He received an awesome education. His test scores were advanced in all areas. Once he left Clinton, the education he received from there remained in him. He is now a college student and still making good grades. Thanks to all the teachers, staff, and administrators at Clinton Elementary.

Posted April 21, 2015
As a parent of several students who attend Clinton, I have been highly satisfied with their education. Teachers communicate effectively and have high expectations. The office staff is welcoming when I am in the building. (I volunteer often.) My children have been challenged at each grade level with age-appropriate projects/homework. The building looks well kept and taken care of. While my children haven't been "sent" to the office for behavior problems, I have had a few interactions with the principal and other administrators while volunteering. All of my interactions with them have been pleasant. Occasionally my children will come home and say, "_______ called me ______." To which I encourage them to take appropriate actions. (I know not all children are perfect all the time, including my own.) I don't believe my children have ever been targeted or bullied by other children or adults. I would reccommend this school to anyone in this area.

Clinton Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2014
The overall experience of Clinton (referring to cleanliness and maintenance and upkeep) is nice. The general office staff are very welcoming and helpful; for the most part they engage parents and are always willing to answer any inquiries you may have. However, I am referring to the general office staff. The principal is arrogant and condescending. She is not welcoming, and has the habit of being confrontational; and she openly attempts to chastise parents as if they are students at the school, instead of allies wishing to work cooperatively to achieve the very best for the students. Principal Parker perhaps should adopt the attitude and generosity of her support staff. For the most part the teachers are helpful, I have not really had a teacher that did not engage my child, there was some complacency; parents must always remain engaged to combat complacency, this is our job. I feel the school would benefit greatly from different leadership. Principal Parker seems to look down on single parents, or those that she feels may be less affluent. Ironically, when you show her you're educated, and demand answers, she becomes ill mannered and unprofessional. This is counterproductive.

Clinton Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2014
My older children went to Clinton since Pre-K. They were Blessed to have GREAT teachers then and this year 2014/2015, my son has one of my favorite teacher. (Ms. Pettit)

Clinton Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
I have three kids that have been attending for many years. I would have to the say the first few years are wonderful Pre-K through 2nd after that I don't think they learn what they need lack of communication and organization. Teachers don't inform you early enough of issues unless you inquire. The bullying is ridiculous all you hear students say is no snitching. The principal basically covers up what ever she can and is beyond her golden years and should have retired before my kids ever started. If you have young children it's a good foundation for the early years teacher's are wonderful and include parents in everything anything beyond pull them out asap.

Posted October 22, 2012
This school is considreded one of the best schools in Arkansas. I agree for grades k-4 thru 3rd. Any grades beyond that, the teachers are horrible. The lack of communication and organization is unbelievable. Teachers loosing students work and requiring them to do it agian is not fare.. And the sad part about it, is that its an ongoing issue. If its not the teachers and grades its the bullying.There are too many ongoing issues at this school and its time for a NEW CHANGE.. The lack of professionalism is not only with the teachers its with the administration too. You can have meeting/ conference with the teachers and the administration and nothing is resolved. I am a firm believer that you can not please everyone, but at what point will the administration take a GOOD look at the entire picture. I took a chance, thinking the next year it would get better. However it has gotten worse.. Its a pity that this is the only school I'm zoned for and in the state of Arkansas you have assigned zones.

Posted September 12, 2012
oh by the way, check out the low test scores too! Below average in almost everything! Some magnet school! If I could give principal leadership a negative, I would. The only time parents come out in mass numbers is thanksgiving dinner. Other than that, parent participation is very low.

Posted August 09, 2012
I have 3 children that have and are attending Clinton Elementary School since 2000. My youngest is still enrolled. Clinton is a diverse school with a guestimate of 40% black 40% white and 20% hispanic or other. All but my youngest child has had issues with bullying. I talk to the teacher and the problem is handled quickly. I don't think any of the teachers or staff overlook bullying. They do everything they can to prevent it. Is there a school in America that has no bullying? These are children that are not only learning basic schooling but also what is socially acceptable. They make mistakes just like we do. From what I've witnessed when the children make mistakes they are taught what is and what is not acceptable. I think they handle bullying issues well at Clinton Elementary. The school is clean. The food is normal elementary school fare. The events are numerous and well organized. The teachers and staff are great. The majority of parents drop off and pick up their children so be prepared for a line. All my children have met formor President Clinton which is a major deal to little ones. It is a math and technology magnet school. 2 fields trips per year

Posted January 02, 2012
My daughter is constantly bullied, and has been all year. This is a terrible excuse for an education. I am embarrassed, but what does an adult expect from a school named after such a horrible president....seriously....what is currently going on at this institution is terrible.

Posted August 31, 2011
As a former student, I would not recommend this school. I attended from 1997 until 2000. During those years, I was bullied, and nothing was done about it. We always got in trouble for talking, and socializing was discouraged. Because of this, I went from outgoing and confident, to shy and timid. Parents were always unwelcome in the building. The prinicipal was always horrible towards parents. I won't mention her name, but I believe she is still there. Academics at that time, were focused around computers. Art, music, and gym class were not available. Lucky for me, mom got me out of there, and sent me to a REAL school.

Clinton Elementary School
142 Hollywood Blvd, Sherwood, AR  72120
Last modified Clinton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clinton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top