Sherwood, AR

Clinton Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2014
The overall experience of Clinton (referring to cleanliness and maintenance and upkeep) is nice. The general office staff are very welcoming and helpful; for the most part they engage parents and are always willing to answer any inquiries you may have. However, I am referring to the general office staff. The principal is arrogant and condescending. She is not welcoming, and has the habit of being confrontational; and she openly attempts to chastise parents as if they are students at the school, instead of allies wishing to work cooperatively to achieve the very best for the students. Principal Parker perhaps should adopt the attitude and generosity of her support staff. For the most part the teachers are helpful, I have not really had a teacher that did not engage my child, there was some complacency; parents must always remain engaged to combat complacency, this is our job. I feel the school would benefit greatly from different leadership. Principal Parker seems to look down on single parents, or those that she feels may be less affluent. Ironically, when you show her you're educated, and demand answers, she becomes ill mannered and unprofessional. This is counterproductive.

Clinton Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
I have three kids that have been attending for many years. I would have to the say the first few years are wonderful Pre-K through 2nd after that I don't think they learn what they need lack of communication and organization. Teachers don't inform you early enough of issues unless you inquire. The bullying is ridiculous all you hear students say is no snitching. The principal basically covers up what ever she can and is beyond her golden years and should have retired before my kids ever started. If you have young children it's a good foundation for the early years teacher's are wonderful and include parents in everything anything beyond pull them out asap.

Posted October 22, 2012
This school is considreded one of the best schools in Arkansas. I agree for grades k-4 thru 3rd. Any grades beyond that, the teachers are horrible. The lack of communication and organization is unbelievable. Teachers loosing students work and requiring them to do it agian is not fare.. And the sad part about it, is that its an ongoing issue. If its not the teachers and grades its the bullying.There are too many ongoing issues at this school and its time for a NEW CHANGE.. The lack of professionalism is not only with the teachers its with the administration too. You can have meeting/ conference with the teachers and the administration and nothing is resolved. I am a firm believer that you can not please everyone, but at what point will the administration take a GOOD look at the entire picture. I took a chance, thinking the next year it would get better. However it has gotten worse.. Its a pity that this is the only school I'm zoned for and in the state of Arkansas you have assigned zones.

Posted September 12, 2012
oh by the way, check out the low test scores too! Below average in almost everything! Some magnet school! If I could give principal leadership a negative, I would. The only time parents come out in mass numbers is thanksgiving dinner. Other than that, parent participation is very low.

Posted January 02, 2012
My daughter is constantly bullied, and has been all year. This is a terrible excuse for an education. I am embarrassed, but what does an adult expect from a school named after such a horrible president....seriously....what is currently going on at this institution is terrible.

Posted August 31, 2011
As a former student, I would not recommend this school. I attended from 1997 until 2000. During those years, I was bullied, and nothing was done about it. We always got in trouble for talking, and socializing was discouraged. Because of this, I went from outgoing and confident, to shy and timid. Parents were always unwelcome in the building. The prinicipal was always horrible towards parents. I won't mention her name, but I believe she is still there. Academics at that time, were focused around computers. Art, music, and gym class were not available. Lucky for me, mom got me out of there, and sent me to a REAL school.

Posted April 18, 2011
I am a parent of a student at Clinton and I can not ask for a better school and learning environment in the 3 yrs my child has attended. At 4 years old my child was picked on by another student. My husband & I never thought we would have to explain to our child how to handle that type of situation at such a young age but that is a part of PARENTING. The teachers/administrators were very supportive during this time. I am so glad GOD has given me the sense to base MY decisions on MY experiences (BELIEVE NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR and HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE) b/c there are more than 1 side to every story. Children should know that misbehaving is NEVER a good choice. Even though I want to be with my child 24 hrs a day, I can't; therefore, my husband & I as well as educators, grandparents, and other "positive" people in her life have TEACH her to do the RIGHT thing. She can not be SHELTERED from this world & expect to be PRODUCTIVE in it! Thank you to the administrators & staff for allowing me to volunteer in various capacities @ Clinton. I look forward to the 4 more years we have left.........

Posted March 15, 2011
After reading the reviews I noticed that none are current. Well I was told Clinton was an outstanding school and I will say the teachers are great, but as far as the principal, she really should retire. Beware, this school has a great deal of fights and other issues that are currently going on. Some parents are unaware of the issues, but from first hand experience I'm asking parents to look elsewhere. If you want your child to be bullied and nothing done about it you will love it, but if you don't this isn't the place. Run!!

Posted February 03, 2010
I moved to Cabot for the school district 2 years ago and hated where i lived!!! We moved to Sherwood and never been happier! The school is amazing! I couls not ask for more with out paying a hefty bill! Clinton is a diamond in the rough!!

Posted October 17, 2009

Clinton Elementary School
142 Hollywood Blvd, Sherwood, AR  72120
Last modified Clinton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clinton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top