Sherwood, AR

Posted April 24, 2014
This is the best school my children ever been to they love this school in so do I they do all kinds of activities, they make good grades, there learning more in more as they go to Sylvian hills and I'm proud of the staff there they are on there job good job Sylvian hills school.

Sylvan Hills Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2013
I have 2 children at SHE. We have been very happy with the Teachers! Mr. Young has been a wonderful Principal and has made many improvements. The lunch service is nothing to brag about, I suggest sending a lunch from home. The curriculum follows along with all Pulaski Co. Public schools, but they also offer a Alpha program. We are happy to have that!!!!They do not offer much "Extra" outside of choir. I hope to see more groups created in the near future. Parent involvement is on the lower side.

Sylvan Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
The principle at SHE is one of the best! he treats each child like they are his own. The teachers are very good with keeping good contact with the parents. I do wish the curriculum was at a higher standard. I don't feel my kids are challanged as much as they could be. I have 3 kids at SHE and they love it there.

Sylvan Hills Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2012
Sylvan Hills Elementary is a wonderful school! Both of my kids have gone there since kindergarten and we have been very pleased with the education they have been receiving. The teachers are caring and very knowledgeable. The school is very old, however, and needs many updates and improvements.

Posted January 18, 2012
Mr. Young is a wonderful administrator; he makes each child feel special. He stands at the door in the afternoons wishing each child a good evening and asking if the child has had a good day. We love Mrs. Bailey; she makes her first graders feel special. She keeps the parents informed of the week's studies and happenings in her weekly newsletter. She consistently adds the week's spelling words to Spelling City; this makes learning the spelling words fun. She makes learning fun.

Posted June 12, 2011
My kindergartener just finished her first year at SHE. I can not begin to express in words how much we love this school. From my child's wonderful teacher, Mrs. Saunders to even the staff in the cafeteria. Mr. Young is also a great administrator. Readily available to speak to parents, and actively involved in the students' activities! Job well done! Looking forward to both of my children attending Sylvan Hills all the way through to Senior High Graduation!

Posted February 01, 2011
SHE is awesome. Principal Jason Young is doing great things. He has made improvements, new technology for the classrooms, new bathrooms and a new gymnasium is on the way. His door is always open to hear suggestions or discuss any issues that may happen. There is a lot of Bear Pride at SHE!! We moved to SHE last year because we heard Mr. Young was there. Keep up the good work SHE.

Posted January 28, 2011
Exciting things are happening at SHE! Since the school has been under new administration, many improvements have been made! The atmosphere in the school has improved dramatically! Mr. Young, principal, is always very visible in the hallways and always willing to go the extra mile for his teachers and parents in any way. Each classroom is equipped with new technology and all of the teachers are utilizing it on a daily basis. Although, the school is dated, many improvements have been made- new bathrooms were built this past summer, fresh coat of paint has been added to the front entry way of the school. Also, Mr. Young worked very hard on a grant for a new gym to be built at the school! The school has 2 excellent self contained special education classes for K-1 children( one that is implementing the STAR program- for autistic children.) They also offer a jogging club for the students and many students compete in the Odyssey of the Mind competition. As you enter this school, you can tell that the administration, teachers and students are excited about what is happening at SHE and are very proud to show their Sylvan Hills Bear Pride!

Sylvan Hills Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2009
I have a child that attends SHE in grade 4 this year. I thinks that academically this school needs assistance. The schools needs to make sure that parents and teachers are working together instead of leaving the parents out of the loop. For instance, the students rarely have homework which I do not like. Homework allows me to assist my child with lessons being taught at school and shows me my child's strength and weakness. IBy not having homework, the school is missing a great opportunity. Worst of all about SHE, the facility is very, very old. It's sad the district has let this school run down like this!!!

Posted August 13, 2009

Sylvan Hills Elementary School
402 Dee Jay Hudson Dr, Sherwood, AR  72120
Last modified Sylvan Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sylvan Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top