Posted January 22, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten. We love this school. My son has learned so much! His teacher is amazing and really cares about all of her students. The teaching is somewhat individualized so that students who excel are pushed further and those that need extra help get it. He has gone on several field trips. School events have been great. All of the staff have been helpful and engaged every time we see them.

George Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2012
my son will be starting school this Aug. and I am trying to get feedback on this school. We visited and it was a lovely school with high energy and a very gracious staff. Now I am looking for personal experiences from families who have children attending. My rating is based on our visit.

George Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2011
I don't want to bring too much negativity to this post, but judging by the curriculum, teachers and work that my son does at this school, it's pretty average and can be better. My son transferred from Turnbow Elementary this year and there is a BIG difference. I know my son is bright and can do well in any school setting. I'm a little disappointed, however, in the workload. My son rarely has homework, and when he does it looks like it's below his grade level. He says he has many teachers for various subjects, but that concerns me because I'm not sure if he's getting the one on one time that he deserves like any other child. I know that at Turnbow he was being challenged everyday. I don't think that way about this school. Thankfully, he goes to middle school next year. Hopefully, it'll be a good school.

George Elementary School 1

Posted November 21, 2010
This school was a nightmare. I feel my child was totally neglected. Every day, I would ask her what she did at school and she would tell me nothing. I soon began to realize that she was telling me the truth. She scored below average on her standardized test at the end of first grade. We transferred her and she scored above average in second grade. She is so happy at her new school.

Posted January 11, 2009
I have two children who have attended George Elementary. My daughter is now in middle school and excelling due to the wonderful foundation George Elementary provided. The gifted/talented program is excellent.

George Elementary School 0

Posted December 09, 2008
My child is a second grader at George Elementary. He has special needs and the school has done an amazing job with ensuring that he has the same education as the rest of the students.

George Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2008
I honestly have nothing but problems with this school. I send letters to the teacher and ask her questions and then I don't get a response back or if I do it is 2 weeks later. My daughter went to a school last year where the teacher did nothing but remind and answer any questions I had the day I asked them. They also made sure that I always knew what was going on and at this school I never know what is going on and it is very irritating. So irrittating that I am thinking of transfering my daughter elsewhere thank you!

Posted February 10, 2008
A wonderful school- great staff and teachers. All three of my children have attended and we have been pleased with the education they have received. I will miss being there when my youngest graduates to middle school after next year!

Posted March 13, 2007
Both of my kids went here and the teachers are excellent. My kids were very well taught and loved going to school every day. When there was a problem with boys being a little rough with my boy, the principal took immediate action and corrected the problem. It's a great school.

George Elementary School 0

Posted June 17, 2006
George Elementary is great for kids. The teachers really care, and the kids learn.

George Elementary School
2878 South Powell, Springdale, AR  72764
Last modified George Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top