Star City, AR

Star City Middle School 5

Posted February 24, 2010
Great School, great teachers, great leaders. One of the best in Southeast Arkansas. Excellent test scores! Teachers sincerely seem to want their students to acheive to their fullest potential, and seem to care about the students and their community. There are always going to be a few nuts in the pile, but overall as a school, it ranks one of the best.

Star City Middle School 5

Posted April 07, 2006
Students have the opportunity to participate in music, art, and sports. I believe my child is getting an excellent education. The academic program is wonderful.

Star City Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2006
If you are looking to move to the small town of Star City I ask that you first visit for more than a week. The school has some major problems; starting with the administration, and ending with the parents. There is no discipline that is fair, the teachers aren't there for you or your child, and if it is too much trouble then don't even ask. It has taken me two years in this district to get ahold of a teacher that cared about what my child was doing in class. This school has no online form of information about your child so you can check on them and they don't have time to talk to you either. I am totally dissatisfied with this school and plan on moving away from here.

Star City Middle School 1

Posted February 22, 2006
I have a 13 year old in the 7th grade, this is her first year of attendance at this school. I think the administration need to be replaced with loving and caring people. The teachers at SCMS aren't concerned about certain students. They have there picks and chooses. There overall policy on student misconduct is very unfair. Some of the teachers don't know how to interact with the students. Some of the teachers will discipline certain students because of what another student alleges rather than observe it with their own eyes.

Star City Middle School 3

Posted May 24, 2003
We are parents to a 14 yr old boy in the 7th grade;my son and i moved here 2 yrs ago. I thought the scool was overrated from other parents. The bullying is awful. The teacher/child ratio is awful. As far as the student/teacher ratio, 25-30 kids to a class. I think the ppl of this town think they have perfect kids and they dont(including my own). but i do not put up with fighting,bullying,name calling etc. (not even from my own child) I think someone is very wrong at this school and it needs to be handled in a manner that will gradualy slow down or stop the bullying and things. most of the teachers my child has had are great...but a few dont even need to be teachers...they threaten kids with flunking them or summer school...they try to intimidate the kids into doing better..there are some who really care what happen to your child and some who go out of there way to help your child...these teachers need a pat on the back and a great big thank you, they are what make a school.

Star City Middle School
206 Cleveland St, Star City, AR  71667
Last modified Star City Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Star City Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top