West Memphis, AR
Students enrolled: 1,180

West Memphis High School 4

Posted August 28, 2010
I have been a teacher in the WMSD for almost five years now and I love it. Sure, we have problems the same as most school, however, we care! West Memphis is a very impoverished area and many of these students face many problems that most of us never imagined. I have worked with a great group of teachers and principals who look out for the safety and welfare of each and every student. We need more parental involvement. Parents do work and so did I. I was a single parent of two and attended conferences, meeting, activities, etc. I worked with the teachers because we were all seeking a tailored education for my children. Students need to know that teachers care for them...many of them are starving for it. We have graduated great students who have excelled academically and are now productive citizens of the community.

West Memphis High School 0

Posted January 02, 2010
This has to be one of the worst schools in america. They are still living in the 50's with the punishments they give students. They are pretty good in football and basketball but if you want your child to be successful in life send them somewhere else!

Posted January 28, 2009
It's not such a great school it takes too long to get anything done plus hall are over crowd because there are too many students there

Posted October 03, 2008

Posted August 20, 2008
This is a great school with caring and concerned teachers. It offers many diderent choices for classes and my son takes college classes for free while in HS. He has a great, strong ACT score and has many offers to many colleges, including Harvard and Yale. We are very pleased.

Posted July 15, 2008

Posted May 06, 2008
This is one of the worst schools in the country. I advise anyone going to arkansas to leave this school alone they are only after the parents money believe me i went there but finally made it out after my parents were able to do better. If you want an ignorant child with no character or without the ability to think logically then move to arkansas and enroll them into West memphis high school!

Posted August 23, 2007

Posted October 25, 2006
Well, I'm not a parent but I am a student and I would like to say that this school is perfect. There is a lot of diversity in the school and I think that we learn academics and how to socialize with people because in the real world we will have to. This, school is very academically great and the extracurricular activities are great to.

West Memphis High School 3

Posted September 14, 2006
I live seconds away from the high school. I never wanted my son to go there. They (the school) pay more attention to the sports program than the academic program. My son plays basketball. Coming from out of State he said this school is easy. I would like for this school to change the way they allow the students to go out for lunch. I don't understand the purpose because they can't eat at Burger King. I myself going to the Family Dollar across the street I broke up more fights than i care to count. This is enough to make you say HMMMM My friend's sister was in the honors class and when she got out of high school she needed to take prep college classes.

West Memphis High School
501 West Brdway, West Memphis, AR  72301
Last modified West Memphis High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Memphis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top