Agoura Hills, CA

Posted August 10, 2011
I have had both of my children attend Montessori School of Agoura over the last four years and have had an amazing experience. I am very impressed with the director, the teachers, the curriculum, and the parental involvement. It is a charming school, and my daughter has made lasting friendships that have endured past graduating! She also transitioned to private elementary school smoothly, and is advanced in her classes, which I attribute to the excellent curriculum and teachers at this Montessori. I have elected to keep both of my children in this school for Kindergarten, since they have such an exemplary program, and I have been nothing but pleased. This is the best preschool/kindergarten program in the area as far as I am concerned, and I would highly recommend it to any parents considering preschools in the area.

Posted February 07, 2011
The reviewer in 2007 said that the back to school night was about fundraising and a video of the kids in the classroom. They still do this. I don't know of any school that doesn't need fundraising, so that was expected, but how could you not appreciate seeing your child in action? That was a big highlight for me! I agree with the other reviews that the teachers are amazing. They really care about each child and they really love what they do, which is evident by the extremely low turnover rate. My child is very bright and a little eccentric. His teacher knew just how to handle him and he is now motivated to learn, unlike his previous preschool where he kept getting in trouble because he was bored. Now he is in a leadership role in a preschool classroom, reading 4th grade books, learning 1st grade math and trying to learn to write his name, which is VERY hard for him. That is more flexibility than I could have hoped for in a given classroom! The teachers are very responsive to parent's concerns, and the parent association has made a great contribution to the quality of the classroom materials.

Posted October 26, 2009
MSA has been an incredible experience for our daughter who has started her 3rd year at MSA and will be attending for Kindergarten as well. Our son began his first year at MSA over the summer and LOVES going to school. He can't wait to tell me each day what he has learned and has made great friends. Ms. Karen and all of the teachers have an amazing capacity to nurture, teach and guide the students to become independent learners and confident leaders that teach by example to their younger peers. This is a school that has had so many positive impacts on our children and we highly recommend this excellent school. The minute you walk into the school you will witness the childrens' curiousity to learn and explore. See for yourself why MSA is the best learning environment in town.

Posted July 10, 2009
Our daughter went the MOA for 2 years. Unfortunately we had to move, but in the year since we've been gone, we've returned to MOA 4 or 5 times because we love this school so much. The Director, Ms Karen, is outstanding. She had big shoes to fill when Ms Ann left, but she has done a wonderful job. This school feels like a family. Our daughter continued with Montessori in our new town and we really like it, but MOA is the best. MOA has done some renovations on their little 'house' and improved the grounds. The teachers here are top notch, understand the Montessori method, and facilitate your child's learning in ways that will amaze you. Don't be put off by reviews that say 'it was good in the past,' it's just as good today, maybe better. We highly recommend MAO; tell them Brice and Erin sent you.

Posted February 11, 2009
This is an amazing school! The teachers have been wonderful to my son, as it is his first school experience. I can see a dramatic change in him at home as well. The curriculum has encouraged him to become independent, creating a well- rounded individual. He loves his teachers and looks forward to attending school everyday! We are so lucky to have found this perfect environment for my son!

Posted February 10, 2009
My daughter went to this school for 4 years and loved every minute of it. She loved her teachers, made strong friendships, and was more than prepared for public school. My experience was equally pleasant. The teachers were all very friendly and helpful when I had questions or concerns, and they all made a point of greeting my child in the morning even if she wasn't in their classroom. I brought my daughter back for a visit recently and she was so excited to see her former teachers again! The school looks great, too--they have remodeled and upgraded the facilities.

Montessori School Of Agoura 0

Posted September 18, 2008
I think this may have been a good school in the past. The ownership/leadership changed in 2007-2008, and it is not the same school. My very bright and energetic 3 year old son was joyfully looking forward to going to this school but his exuberance and strong-mindedness was too much for some of these inept teachers to deal with. The Director is wonderful with kids. I don't think most of the teachers and the owner really gets, or even likes, kids. The Montessori work/academics is great and I still think highly of that part, but not at the risk of a child's self-esteem.

Posted June 23, 2008
Excellent school. My son just finished his first year and loved it! The curriculum has everything for a top-notch preschool. Academic and creative, the program grows with the interest and curiosity of each individual.

Montessori School Of Agoura 4

Posted June 18, 2008
Any amazing experience for my son who is far exceeding the public school standards, learning to be an excellent human being and a respectful and responsible child.

Posted February 02, 2008
The teachers are wonderful and it shows in the eager and happy students. It is a well-run, gentle environment. There are two preschool rooms with about 20 students in each room and one K/1 classroom with 15 students. Each classroom has a lead teacher and an assistant. Could not be happier with this school.

Montessori School Of Agoura
28124 West Driver Avenue, Agoura Hills, CA  91301
Last modified Montessori School Of Agoura is a Private school that serves grades K-1
Montessori School Of Agoura Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top