Public charter
Alameda, CA

Posted June 01, 2011
Bay Area School of Enterprise (BASE) is a great school. Its mostly youth ran which gives students that go there a chance to make the school go the way they want it to go. Going to BASE I've experienced planning community projects for the school including a Relationship Conference and a College Fair. BASE has great dedicated teachers and small class sizes that make learning seem more attractive.

Posted March 16, 2011
As a parent of a child diagnosed with ADHD, I highly recommend Bay Area School of Enterprise (BASE) for students with ADD, ADHD and other special needs. These students often require extra support and individual attention from teaching staff in order to succeed. BASE is the only school that my child has attended that has been able to come close to meeting this need. BASE has helped my child achieve grades that reflect his consistently high test scores while still maintaining the same academic rigor that can be found at other local high schools. The teaching staff are phenomenal. Their dedication and genuine concern for the success and well being of their students shows in everything they do. As a parent, I really appreciate that the teachers actually take time to communicate and discuss issues proactively before they become an irreversible problem. The bottom line is that BASE is an amazing school that has enabled my extremely bright child to finally succeed. I highly recommend BASE high school!

Posted March 04, 2011
I am a junior at Alternatives in Action's Bay Area School of Enterprise (BASE). I have learned a lot and my teachers are really helpful. They have helped me to understand the steps that it will take for me to meet my A-G requirements and apply to college.

Posted March 04, 2011
The things I love about BASE are that we all get along and our teachers are so supportive. They take the time to help us out whenever we have a hard time in our classes or even outside of school. Here we see each other more like family. Our community is amazing. I like that the class sizes are pretty small because that way we can concentrate better and have more one-on-one time with our teachers. BASE has taught me many skills that will help me in the future. I've become more responsible since I came here.

Bay Area School Of Enterprise 1

Posted June 02, 2009

Bay Area School Of Enterprise 2

Posted November 07, 2008

Bay Area School Of Enterprise 1

Posted September 21, 2008

Bay Area School Of Enterprise 0

Posted June 02, 2008
After 8 years at its current location on Alameda Point, the Bay Area School of Enterprise(BASE) will start the 2008-2009 school year at a new school site. Check out their website for more information, www.alternativesinaction.org . I'm excited because the new home for BASE means expanded programming for the high school youth! BASE will be co-located with other youth serving organizations like the Regional Occupational Program (ROP) and the Alameda Boys and Girls Club. Being right across the street from the College of Alameda doesn't hurt either. Congratulations BASE!

Posted June 08, 2005
This is a relatively new school which offers a uniquely student-based hands-on approach to learning, with lots of support but high expectations. I have two students enrolled here and have found that they are constantly challenged - which can be frustrating for them - but which is ultimately very good. The parent/family involvement with the school is very high - more so than many secondary school programs and parent/community outreach efforts are becoming more standardized & accessible. This isn't a program for every student or every family but, if traditional classroom high schools are not for your student, go to an orientation, meet some students and families and listen to your student. Are they sincerely commited, do you all understand what the school is about, etc. I think it's a great place for my children.

Posted November 26, 2003
Well, here's my inside scoop. As a sophomore at BASE,I learn daily about the importance of literature, mathematics, and history. In addition to these though, I am also encouraged to develop public speaking skills, handle important events of the school and interact with adults. Youth at BASE are taught along guidelines of 5 R's, which are Responsibilty, Risk, Rigor, Relationships, and Real-world experiences. BASE is by far the most interactive school I have ever attended, and I give my coaches/teachers full support. It is understandable that our coaches may not be as experienced, but they are learning also. I feel that just because a teacher has achieved more than those at BASE,or has more experience, that does not mean they teach well, or even fully understand the subject without a handbook. We all need support ....

Bay Area School Of Enterprise
1900 Third Street, Alameda, CA  94501
Last modified Bay Area School Of Enterprise is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Area School Of Enterprise Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top