K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 23, 2014
Great school, both my sons went there from 1st grade and if people knew what I know lots more people would send their kids there (TRUST ME). A. ----Very small teacher student ratio (1:10) Class size (8-12) kids Find me a place in the Bay-Area where they have this ratio B. ----Does not cost much compare to most of the private schools in the area C. ----Education is based on what your kid needs My son was strong in math and in 8th grade was doing geometry and advanced Algebra Teachers are very flexible, available and will cater to the need of your child (most school can t do not due to larger class side) D. ----My sons were very well prepared for high school. E. ---- Bottom line my two kids loved this school and are doing very well today because of this place.

Posted February 22, 2012
Both my daughter and son have attended this school since the 2nd grade. My daughter is now in the 5th and my son in the 7th grade. This school has been an excellent learning environment for my children. It is founded on Christian principles according to scripture which emphasizes prayer, study of the bible, and memorization of scripture to set a strong moral foundation for my children from which other academic growth will flourish. The core subjects are well taught and comprehensive. The teachers are loving, caring and dedicated to helping my children grow strong academically. The classes are small so that my chilren get a lot of attention. This school has been a wonderful learning and moral environment for my children. I recommend it without reservation.

Posted February 02, 2012
Alameda Christian School has been a wonderful learning environment for my three children. The classes are small, the teachers are caring and the kids enjoy the close-knit community very much. The tuition (with a great sibling discount) is more reasonable than other private schools and the after care rate is exceptional! ACS is the best choice for a private school in Alameda!

Alameda Christian School 4

Posted November 21, 2009
A good school for the price - no frills or extra-curricular activities, but small classes, caring teachers and Christian values.

Alameda Christian School 3

Posted February 03, 2009
My grandmother went here - it was established in 1944. The teachers are loving and genuinely care about each child. Tuition is cheaper than many after school programs & you get a lot of value for your dollar. My shy son has thrived in this school and is academically excelling. I love to see him excited about learning. Most classes are under 10 students so they combine grades. This works out very well for most children. I would highly recommend ACS!

Posted March 21, 2006
This newly built school of nearly 3 years have a blessing for Alameda. Class sizes are still managable 15-25 each. Teacher and one aid part-time. The school is small enough that the students know each other and supports each other academically. The tution is not high like some of the Catholic schools. The teachers are compassionate, caring and naturing. Things that are quickly fading in the public school system. I would continue to send my kids there for as long as I am able to. I just wish I get tax credit for it.

Posted March 15, 2006
Quality of Academic programs is amazing. My oldest son went to many public schools and could not survive academically. He is a visual and could not comprehend through only lectures and reading. He struggled greatly until he entered middle school. In only 3 years they assisted in correcting 5 years of academic failure and increased his self esteem through plays, singing, activities, etc. He now is extremely independent and is scheduled to graduate in June with all A's and a B. I truely believe that without Alameda Christian becoming a part of his everyday life and education he would not have become the independent, trustworthy, and academically secure child that he is. My youngest is now going on his 7 year there. He is also showing great signs of accomplishments.

Posted March 08, 2004
Very rigorous academic focus & development of critical thinking skills! This school expects a lot of students and the students respond positively. This is a brand new facility with dedicated teachers & plenty of classroom computers. Excellent student to teacher ratios. We are very pleased!

Alameda Christian School
2226 Pacific Avenue, Alameda, CA  94501
Last modified Alameda Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Alameda Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top