Emery Park Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2014
Love the location of the this school! Many positive changes need to be made in regards to the administration, Cheerful office staff, a headstrong principal, more parent involvement! Since I last visited the school it was a sad tired school! big disappointment! Friendly smiles is a must when working with the children!!
2 people found this helpful

Emery Park Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2014
My children recently left this school and we don't miss the unfriendly office staff or the odd messages left by the principal! The new strict rules meant to keep our children safe actually seem to make it more difficult for full time working parents to be involved. I have however heard my children mention how much they miss the lunch lady, very glad to hear that there is at least one smiling face the children can count on

Emery Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2014
The teachers kept up with the demands of the state and feds by constantly being trained. Its unfortunate that there isn't enough time in a day to spend more time on having fun while learning. There is lots of homework even in the lower grades and at times its really too much. Parent involvement is needed in more than just the fun events. Knowing what the plans of the school, district , state and federal government are, can really help a parent better understand what their child's current needs are in order to succeed. The principal is open to discuss issues/topics with parents. The staff is committed to providing the best for the children at this school. The environment of the school is clean, friendly and safe. Parents, as annoying as it feels to have to obey by so many rules, try your best to remember that it is all for the safety of YOUR children. Overall I was very pleased with my child's education and I would recommend this school to anyone in that neighborhood. Parents also remember that teachers aren't babysitters and cant possibly teach your child everything, remember you have to also do your part at home.

Posted April 28, 2014
My grandchildren go to Emery Park. Like the structure and the demanding academics. A bit too much homework, imo, for the lower grades. It appears to be very safe, and the staff are very careful about visitors.

Emery Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
I went to Emery Park (1997-2006) MOST of the teachers are outstanding and care for the students on an individual level. All though some of their materials are not as new as the neighboring schools the teachers work with what they have, the best they have and if others feel differently about it, maybe they should join the PTA and help fund raise and give their own money to the cause. They have movie nights for the family where they project a family friendly movie on the handball court for free and sell concessions to help fund raise. There is an amazing sense of community at the school.

Posted September 06, 2012
All of my eight children attended Emery Park School, then went on to Alhambra High. I have no idea if it is still a great school as it was then, but I was very pleased with most of the teachers, their curriculum, and their cafeteria. (In the early times parents were allowed to buy a lunch ticket and eat with their children, but some parents ruined this by eating their children's lunch along with baby siblings, so it was discontinued) The teachers were very involved with each student, and I liked going to open house to discuss any problems, which were not many. I just had a problem with one teacher, as I was given the heads up by another parent and I was welcomed by the principal to observe the class, and write any complaints. That teacher was replaced and I had no further problems. Emery Park was a great school.

Posted February 21, 2012
This school is the best school my child has ever ben to. She has many friends. The parents are included in any situation to help raise money for the school (PTA). The school lunch lady is very nice and memorises every kids names. The teachers are always willing to help students no matter what. The school may not have a play ground sets but it incourages kids to use thier imginations all the time! Everyone is nice and evry kids education is excellent!

Emery Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2011
This school has not had a playground for at least 8 years!! However, every other elementary school in Alhambra has a NEW playground, except Emery Park. The PTA raised money; but was told the funds couldn't be used for this purpose. The district says money is available; but construction is delayed -again! Is it a surprise that Emery Park scored low on the CA State fitness test?

Posted August 30, 2011
I went to this school back in the 80's and now my daughters both have attended. Emery Park is one of the best schools I've been to and I went to many different schools. I love the teachers they actually try to work with little they have.

Emery Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2011
My child is a kinderguarden student at emerypark and i have to say i was very dissapointed in the school as a whole. The kinderguarden classroom is very crowded with the teachers things, bags of old items never used during class time, dusty stuffed animals and old boxes filled with unknown items. The teacher is not involved at all with the students infact one of the parent helpers corrects homework and puts new homework in their folders everyday. I have expressed my concerns with the principal who is new to the school, but I dont want my child to be singled out so I havent spoke with the principal ever since he said it seemed like a personal issue with the teacher. There was no chrismas program or and activity for the kinderguarden class all year, there has yet to be a field trip.
2 people found this helpful

Emery Park Elementary School
2821 West Commonwealth Avenue, Alhambra, CA  91803
Last modified Emery Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emery Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top