Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I would like to rate this school higher, and on some days I might give it four stars..maybe.. However, most of the time they get three stars. They have a new principal. So far he is pretty good. Some teachers are good, some are ok. There does seem to be a bit of ignorant closed-mindedness that runs through this school. I always hope to encounter truly educated, intelligent, and open-minded individuals. Once in a while I actually encounter that here. Of course I would like to see it more in this school however. Our children need to see adult examples of maturity, and true and proper intelligence. Lastly, the front desk clerical ladies are exact opposites of each other. One is professional, kind, helpful and even friendly at times. The other is exactly the opposite almost every time. She is rude, unkind, harsh, rough, almost angry. You might think that this is not relevant to rating the school, but actually it is. The rude front desk person actually sets the example for the whole school for me every time I have to deal with her.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

This school has a range of teacher personalities. Some are positive and encouraging, some are controlling, some are immature.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel it is pretty good. If the child combs over every item assigned including daily reading, then I think it is good. I feel a little bit more could be given however, or optional homework.

Develops character: Neutral

I feel that the schools desires to do these tings, but I also feel that many of the leaders/teachers have given up. I do not feel that these principles are resonating the way they should be. Other methods should be instilled.

My children attend this school... Already with the new principal they hate it. She has taken away everything from them and they can't celebrate their birthdays with classmates. They each have over 35 kids per classroom and most classes are combo classes. This school has very low test scores, maybe its time to reevaluate the teachers instead of striking everything from the kids. Don't get me started about their afterschool program ASES. The district head is awful, shows up at meetings saying Granada is the worst school for donations, throws items on the floors and intimidates the poor kids. They brought in a new team last year and my god, they are mean. The lady in charge can't be nice to anyone and she could care less about the kids. For some reason this is the school all the Transfer and Permit kids come too... when will it stop. When will AUSD bring money back to this school instead of all the others. This school needs a wake up call from the Federal and State Superintendents Office... Better yet maybe a CHARTER SCHOOL.

great school and great teachers i came here myself when i was younger i loved the teachers i love the playground and miss it.

Granada School is amazing! The principal, teachers, and staff are so helpful when it comes to problems.

The current principal at Granada is amazing! He is fair and always listens to parents comments and concerns. He truly appreciates and welcomes parent involvement.

My son and I did not like this school. he was soo discourage that i did not want to go to school. I change school and now he is very happy and he improve his grades considerable.

This school is not a good school. My daughter has never been to school like that school. The teachs are serious and grim. The classmates are not friendly . Even a classmate always bully to her, but the teach has never mind. She was sad and cry when she remembered those hard time.......

Last modified Granada Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.