Alhambra, CA

Posted October 08, 2014
I like the teacher in this school. My daughter is 3rd grade this year. She learn a lot and feel very happy. Her class teacher is very patient and nice to the student. She is great and appreciate to help student.

Ramona Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2014
So far I am ver please with Ramona school due to Principle, teachers, and staffs are loveable and very helpful. Especially the security systems super cool !!!!! The only thing that I concern that parents don't get any phone calls or notice from the office if students get hurt or bully during school time ( this is happened to my child and others). Parents that I have conversations with are very disappointed. If any parents feel the same way like us please let us know what can we do to stop this issues so our kids can be safer.

Posted October 11, 2013
Security: excellent. They installed new security camera on the front entrance. Teacher: friendly and helpful Principle: she is new and she always walked out the school communicate with parents during the school dismiss. Parking: a lot of parking space on the street. Crossing guards: both are very friendly to kids. My daughter loves The crossing guard name Peggy. My daughter is first year kindergarten here and she likes the school so far.

Ramona Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2013
I feel as if a spell has been broken. Our new principal is like a breath of fresh air. The communication between parents and school has improved 100%. We even receive telephone recordings of upcoming events! Something I have been suggesting for the past 4 years. Our previous principal was completey incompetant. Security is a priority with the new front entrance of the school. You now have to be buzzed in to reach the main office. Unfortunaley when you make it into the main office, you are greated by a very unpleasant woman with absolutely no social skills. Thankfully the unpleasant attitudes of the office staff do not affect the great teachers we have on staff. I am actually looking forward to this school year and hope to be more involved with PTA. 4 stars instead of 5 because of rude office staff.

Ramona Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2013
Some of the teachers are very good. Unfortunately, some of them are good at teaching at particular grade levels and are wrongly placed. The previous principal who retired is super incompetent and does not care about students. She shifts blames to teachers and will not return phone calls. She avoids parents like they are a plague. When asking the staff about the placement of my child, the staff notified the principal and instead of properly providing the correct class for my child, the principal shifts blame and request the teacher spend extra time to teach instead. Now that my child graduated from kindergarten, she still does know the stuff that most kindergarten should have already been taught. The previous principal does not understand the issues on hand. I'm glad the old principal is no longer with the school as she really was useless and lacks the proper leadership qualities.

Posted December 18, 2012
My kid is in the Transitional - Kindergarten program, and he loves the class. I am very surprised as he is a very hyper-active boy. I believe the T-K program involves the kids in hands-on activities, and lots of super fun songs. The teachers focus on making it fun and enjoyable for the kids so that they get ready for the next year, which will be more work. :-( Great teacher Ms Hua!

Posted October 15, 2012
My son now attend t-k . The class just start 2 months but he learn a lot from the school. And also the teacher is very nice and have good communicate with the parent. We could easy to understand and know our kids condition in the school

Ramona Elementary School 0

Posted May 22, 2009
The teachers I have encountered at this school is great. They cared about the students success and do make every effort to make sure they succeed. I would love to see more parent involvements at this school. There is a PTA but very limited parent participation. If there are Ramona parents reading this, I urge you to seek out the PTA and get involve. The resources available to the school are limited and at this difficult time, the only one we can make sure Ramona students get what is needed is through community volunteers. A few hours a month makes a difference.

Posted May 01, 2007
Everyday when my child comes home from school I always see a smile on her face. She tells me that she makes lots of friends and learns a lot from her teacher, which is great for me. Her grades have gotten better ever since we left Baldwin and stared going to Ramona. So if any teacher from Ramona is reading this, I would like to say thank you.

Ramona Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2006

Ramona Elementary School
509 West Norwood Place, Alhambra, CA  91803
Last modified Ramona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ramona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top