Bad
Good

Caryn Elementary is a school run by an excellent principal MR.T. is not only caring, but he is a parent himself and takes time to talk to each parent, shake hands and greets you in the morning. My daughter is engaged everyday, the front office staff is amazing. Childcare is available now, so its such a good school I know that once she leave her she will be ready for middle school and the foundation would have been laid for academic achievement. YAAAY GO COUGARS!!!

I love this school!! It's a smaller school so you get to know/work/help the teachers and staff. We're all like one big family!

In regards to the review dated on 10th. This is supposed to be reviews about the school as a whole and the academics (not your personal childcare struggles). As a working parent, I can understand your frustration but it is not fair to give such a low rating to an amazing school. My child currently attends this school and I couldn't be happier with our experience. The teachers and staff truly care about the success of each and EVERY student. My daughter will be starting third grade this coming fall and I have nothing but positive stuff to say about Caryn Elementary. My daughter also attends the child care program at Caryn and yes, it is at capacity but the child care staff is wonderful and do a wonderful job with the kids. In order to get a spot in the child care you need to be one of the first ones in line when open enrollment starts as they only have few new openings every year. It is full BECAUSE it is a fantastic program.

Beware if you move to the area for this school but are a working parent and need after school care. They say they offer it but what they dont tell you is they're full and no one can get in period. I have tried for the past two years. I pay more for a little house in the area because of the ranking of the school when I could spend the same amount for a much nicer home down the street. It doesn't matter, my daughter is still in private school and I continue to spend 10k in private schooling and daycare. When I called last year, the lady was rude and said, "it is not the job of the district to provide daycare, it is our job to educate". Yes, I agree, but it wasn't like I was asking for a freebee... The before and after school program is over 400/month. But I work full time and am the only active parent. I work and can't have my 6 year old coming home by herself at 2. So how in the heck, can I get my daughter to the public school if they refuse to offer programs that I will pay for but secure the safety of my child??? So beware, if you're like me and need after school care for your small child, they will not provide that to you here.

I do not recommend this school. They focus on keeping their API high but not on actual students. Their administration staffs are unkind and not nice. They work slow and make mistakes two time when my kid was enrolled there. My two friends are opt out from this school. If you care about your kid's all grounded education, this is not a right school. Finally teachers are not trained in Common Core at all. They have to be trained and learned.

I totally agree with this last post! I wish I had moved my older boy here and my younger one sooner as well. It is such a caring and positive environment plus a great education. Thank you staff at Caryn!!!

This is the best school in the entire district. The teachers are amazing and the students love coming to school each and every morning. I wish we could have started my daughter at this school sooner. The staff is amazing and the principle truly loves children and that means so much to me as a parent.

I love that this school is a smaller school. For me that means I know all the Teachers and Administration. My son has been going here since K and is now going intio 4th grade. My daughter started this year in K and is now going into 1st grade. We love the school PTA! Many parents hep out at the school in EVERY way. We love our school!

I love Caryn Elementary because it makes me happy to see my daughter excited for school everyday. The staff is amazing and the students really are #1 there.

I love Caryn Elementary because it feels like a close knit community.

Last modified Caryn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.