Alta Loma, CA

Posted May 15, 2015
In regards to the review dated on 10th. This is supposed to be reviews about the school as a whole and the academics (not your personal childcare struggles). As a working parent, I can understand your frustration but it is not fair to give such a low rating to an amazing school. My child currently attends this school and I couldn't be happier with our experience. The teachers and staff truly care about the success of each and EVERY student. My daughter will be starting third grade this coming fall and I have nothing but positive stuff to say about Caryn Elementary. My daughter also attends the child care program at Caryn and yes, it is at capacity but the child care staff is wonderful and do a wonderful job with the kids. In order to get a spot in the child care you need to be one of the first ones in line when open enrollment starts as they only have few new openings every year. It is full BECAUSE it is a fantastic program.

Caryn Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2015
Beware if you move to the area for this school but are a working parent and need after school care. They say they offer it but what they dont tell you is they're full and no one can get in period. I have tried for the past two years. I pay more for a little house in the area because of the ranking of the school when I could spend the same amount for a much nicer home down the street. It doesn't matter, my daughter is still in private school and I continue to spend 10k in private schooling and daycare. When I called last year, the lady was rude and said, "it is not the job of the district to provide daycare, it is our job to educate". Yes, I agree, but it wasn't like I was asking for a freebee... The before and after school program is over 400/month. But I work full time and am the only active parent. I work and can't have my 6 year old coming home by herself at 2. So how in the heck, can I get my daughter to the public school if they refuse to offer programs that I will pay for but secure the safety of my child??? So beware, if you're like me and need after school care for your small child, they will not provide that to you here.

Caryn Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2015
I do not recommend this school. They focus on keeping their API high but not on actual students. Their administration staffs are unkind and not nice. They work slow and make mistakes two time when my kid was enrolled there. My two friends are opt out from this school. If you care about your kid's all grounded education, this is not a right school. Finally teachers are not trained in Common Core at all. They have to be trained and learned.

Posted April 11, 2014
I totally agree with this last post! I wish I had moved my older boy here and my younger one sooner as well. It is such a caring and positive environment plus a great education. Thank you staff at Caryn!!!

Posted April 10, 2014
This is the best school in the entire district. The teachers are amazing and the students love coming to school each and every morning. I wish we could have started my daughter at this school sooner. The staff is amazing and the principle truly loves children and that means so much to me as a parent.

Posted May 22, 2013
I love that this school is a smaller school. For me that means I know all the Teachers and Administration. My son has been going here since K and is now going intio 4th grade. My daughter started this year in K and is now going into 1st grade. We love the school PTA! Many parents hep out at the school in EVERY way. We love our school!

Posted May 13, 2010
I love Caryn Elementary because it makes me happy to see my daughter excited for school everyday. The staff is amazing and the students really are #1 there.

Caryn Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2010
I love Caryn Elementary because it feels like a close knit community.

Posted June 06, 2009
Great School, exelent teachers and staff.

Posted April 17, 2009
My daughter is a new student at caryn elem. we both absolutley love it!

Caryn Elementary School
6290 Sierra Crest View Loop, Alta Loma, CA  91737
Last modified Caryn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caryn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top