Posted December 18, 2013
My sons kinder garden teacher is poorly organized and lesson plan needs work . keeps saying she can't do her job without help during school hours and has the Spanish speaking parents to help her out and just gives them work to do prior to kids starting class , she is rude when the mothers can't stay to help since they've got jobs or kids at home . There's a lady that makes rules up of when and where to pick up students and every time we've complained to the school office they say there's no school rule stating that. My son usually comes home telling about other children bullying him and we have talked to the teacher but nothing has happened .(bully kids still there bullying) There is very approachable lady that all the kids love and you can see why , she's happy and gets gets kids motivated and involved to do their tasks. Cleanliness is good Few happy staff members/teachers The school principle is very nice and ethical and professional . Over all experience : it's a public school in alviso so you can't expect much from staff they do what then can,it would help to be better organized and have a happy state of mind while at work.

Posted October 14, 2013
School has potential to be great, great principal who is bringing new ideas and staff that is dedicated to better students. Lack of support from parents, office staff that is unorganized and facilities that could use some TLC holding the school back from being great.

George Mayne Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2013
Well our school is a title 1 school so we are very limited to the things that we have for the needs of our student's, or the financial help from parents. Our school can use some remodeling or up dating to it being so old. But overall it's a great school with great staff. .

George Mayne Elementary School 1

Posted December 20, 2012
pre school students were yelled most of the time. I personally witnessed this during a library visit and teachers need to be more friendly. they just did not seem to be happy to teach. how sad!!

George Mayne Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2012
I have to agree some teachers may be rude, but not all of them are. Some has teached me and prepared me for life like Mr. Corbin. He is my favorite tteacher. He teached me about how life goes on and he teaches me how tto dance. I reccomend him as a really good teacher.

George Mayne Elementary School 1

Posted August 10, 2012
Some teachers are very rude and tend to favor students. Some of the volunteers are mean to the children as well. You can't even choose where to sit during lunch! The helpers force the students to fill in the lunch tables row by row, thus sometimes separating the kids from their friends and they are forced to eat with strangers. Also, I see no reason why there should be uniforms. This isn't a private school and isn't exactly a "high class" school.

George Mayne Elementary School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
Mayne is a wonderful school! Last year was our family's first year at Mayne and we couldn't be happier. The teachers have high expectation and support ALL students. The students are respectful and very well-behaved. In a community with a lot of needs, Mayne is meeting them. There are lots of field trips and support programs to ehlp all of our kids learn. This is a great school!

George Mayne Elementary School 5

Posted June 05, 2009

George Mayne Elementary School 0

Posted March 20, 2009
All of my children either went or goes to school @ gm. I have to say the schl is starting to become more about the adults & their power struggles betwn 1 another then the best interest of our children & the future of our cntry. Parents & teachers need to understand rather our cntry has the $ to ed. Our children or not it is still our responsibility to continue the education @ home. The school is all about gossip & a bunch of staff just talking badly about each other this needs to stop & we need to work this out positively. It doesn't take money to spread love & knwledge. Parnts need to undrstnd that we live in a very busy cntry now. In order to survive you need to keep up the pace. If we dnt pave the way for our children then they will pave

Posted March 19, 2009
My son attends school here, and although I loved the kindergarten and first grade programs (they were merged together in one class - sounds weird, but it worked really well) things are now sliding downhill. I volunteer often, and I sad for many of these kids whose parents don't even care enough for their safety to drop them off at the sidewalk, and rather let them out of the car in the middle of the road. Just speaks to the level of attention that parents seem to pay their children. The older they get, the more they become their parents.

George Mayne Elementary School
5030 North First Street, Alviso, CA  95002
Last modified George Mayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Mayne Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top