6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 19, 2010
I am an alumni student of ADCS from the graduating 8th grade class of 1999. I attended a public high school after 8th grade at ADCS, and can truly say that I got a better education in my jr. high years than all 4 years in high school. The principal taught an accelerated English class, which while very rigorous at the time, put me at the top of my class and I believed helped to prepare me later to pass AP English tests. I also felt that the in the 1 year of Spanish offered my 8th grade year I learned more than all 3 years I took in high school combined. The teachers care and offer tons of one-on-one attention for each student.

Anaheim Discovery Christian Junior 3

Posted May 01, 2006
The curriculum seems appropriate for preparing students for kindergarten. Extra curricular activities are frequent and nourishing. Parent involvement seems low. They seem to yell quite alot at the preschoolers and as a result I am removing my child from the school for fear his curiosity and spirit will be crushed.

Posted May 23, 2004
My child attends Jr. High at A.D.C.S. and also attended the elementary school. The curriculum has been challenging in a good way. I love the fact that the school focuses on education, values, patriotism and God. The principals, Ms. Calthorpe and Mr. Arkes care deeply for the children, yet insist on behavior and discipline. They may seem strict at times to the children, but the outcome of order in the classroom is rewarding for the development of my child. My child is caring and has great self-esteem. Of course, love and values begin at home. Sending your child to A.D.C.S. continues it throughout each day.

Anaheim Discovery Christian Junior 3

Posted September 09, 2003
I am a former student of A.D.C.S.I attended the school for two years,for junior high. Through those two years i learned quite well. I met alot of friends and great teachers. I learned school can be fun while learning. I think so far junior high was the funnest time. Due to the excellent teachers and friends. Although junior high was 'The Best'. The high school there is a waste of time. I believe they fall tramendously from the 8th grade to the 9th grade. So i would encourage you not to go to high school there but absolutely go to junior high there.

Posted August 26, 2003
Tuition is an incredible value given what is available in the area. Honor and character development are emphasized throughout the curriculum and instruction. Curriculum runs more in the classical vein and tends to challenge the students to evaluate their world views through reason rather than feelings. Classical Christian doctrine is foundational to discussion and analysis of all classroom topics.

Anaheim Discovery Christian Junior
622 N Gilbert, Anaheim, CA  92801
Last modified Anaheim Discovery Christian Junior is a Private school that serves grades 6-12