Posted May 25, 2009
This school is wonderfully run with many teachers out on duty. Whenever there is a problem, it is quickly fixed

Posted May 22, 2009

Running Springs Elementary School 2

Posted February 15, 2009
As a parent of a RS student I am concerned about the way school is managed. There are some excellent teachers but there are some 'not so good' teachers as well. There are teacher who are highly stressed out and are not particularly bothered about improving students. They do not treat students individually but expect them to fall into a 'stereotype' or 'profile'. This can destroy a child's confidence specially when they are beginning school at lower grades. There is a lack of good visionary leadership as well and this school definitely needs help.

Running Springs Elementary School 0

Posted January 06, 2009
I'm very concerned about the special education class. I don't feel that the students are getting all each one needs.

Running Springs Elementary School 0

Posted August 13, 2008
This school has tremendous parent involvement and wonderful teachers who go way above and beyond for the benefit of the children. Everyone at this school views it as a community. They have support from every angle and are completely focused on results.

Posted July 24, 2008
My son had a wonderful year in Kindergarten. Mrs. Norman was more than we could ask for. It's looking good this year as well.

Running Springs Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2008
My children attend Running Springs for past 4 years and we are not happy about how they investigate and discipline students. They failed to notify parents when something happened at school / recess / school bus immediately or even never take action unless parents bring it up. Academically, school does OK job even though children are frequently taught by substitute teachers. (One of my daughter was taught by 75% of the school year by numerous substitutes on year! ) As parents, I support the school my children attend as much as possible and I don't want to wish my time away, but I can't wait until my children moves up to El Ranch Middle School.

Posted November 06, 2007
My daughter has been attending Running Springs for 2 years. She started kindergarden and is now in 1st grade. We have been happy with the school so far. We've been lucky to get a good teacher. The campus is well kept and updated. The PTA seems to be strong, there is a lot of parent involvment in this school's functions. My daughter is safe and happy to attend everyday. I'm almost afraid to move out of the school's coverage area. We are adjusting to the new principle Mrs. Roach, she seems ok but not as on top of it as Bowden was. Overall I give Running Springs an A+.

Running Springs Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2007

Running Springs Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2007
I have had three children attend RS and they have had some good teachers and some fair teachers. The school does a good job with average to above average kids but there is little enrichment offered for the A student. For the below standard the administration does not help the teacher and will deny assistance. Your child has to fall two grade levels behind before the child will get official help, and the school offers far to few assistance/tutoring classes. On the good side the parent involvement is great and puts on many fun events. The school has not improved its rankings for many years which may be caused by the changing of staff. The principal has changed every 4 to 5 years, so there is little long term incentive on his/her part for improvement. Teachers have switched grades dramatically teaching 2nd then 5th, this is a great disruption.

Running Springs Elementary School
8670 East Running Springs Drive, Anaheim, CA  92808
Last modified Running Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Running Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top