Nohl Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2012
My child attends this school since kindergarten. She is now in 5th grade and enjoying her daily activities at school. As parent we monitor her progress and making sure that she completes every assignment for the next day. However, the teachers (not all of them) at this school have tendency to forgot or missed to enter the grade in their grading system and the result left is "missing assignment" on the child record. This problem occurred every time last two quarters. I've brought this matter to the Principal attention and have not heard a word from her. I also suggested a solution to avoid this repeated problem. Hope they can fix this problem soon.

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted June 05, 2009
I have 3 children and they all attend Nohl Canyon and I have been very happy. The new principal Mrs. Polchow is great! She is always looking for ways to improve and help the school from her involvement, willingness to try new things and even being out there directing traffic! Many of the teachers who needed to retire have retired this year. The facilities do need to be updated but the teachers more than compensate for that. They do have a computer lab with over 30 computers. Most of the teachers use ELMO's and the Interactive White Boards. The parent school association is very active. They provide programs such as After School Enrichment, Class Act, Art Masters. Family Night, Traveling Scientist, and more.. Overall, an excellent school.

Posted January 26, 2009
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated and go the extra mile for their students. The new principal, Mrs. Palchow, is forward-thinking and resourceful. She works well with the NCSA, our parent support group. She gives the teachers direction, but does not meddle. She uses the same approach with the parents in NCSA. The school facilities need to be updated; however, the school personnel works diligently to ensure the children are not effected by this. The selection of after school activities range from art to chess to language. During the school year, Nohl Canyon has a dedicated PE teacher, as well as a spring track team. Overall, a terrific school, great staff, and smart students.

Posted December 08, 2008
This school has excellent teachers, wonderful office staff and you can get a wonderful and nurturing education here.

Nohl Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2008
Good academics, but not enough extra curricular activities. PE, music, etc. are not weighed enough in the kids education. There should be more to a school than a high API score.

Posted March 27, 2008

Posted March 12, 2008
We recently moved into the area and my son attends Nohl Canyon. We moved him from another school with a very high ranking (10) but from another State. Our son has been challenged and forced to pick up the pace from where he left off at his other school. Our expereince has been very positive, best education you could expect from a public school.

Nohl Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted December 14, 2007
I am a very involved parent at this school. My children have both attended from kindergarten on. Most of the teachers are outstanding, but like any school (public or private) there are a couple who need to retire. There is a great deal of parent involvement and I am very happy with the education my children have received.

Nohl Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2007
We just moved from Palo Alto and a very highly ranked school - Hoover Elementary. We've been very happy with Nohl Canyon. Although the amount of homework has been much less than at Hoover, I feel the education received during the day is very comparable and our kids' self-esteem seems to have increased. Both teachers we have are enthusiastic and relate well to the kids. I help one day a week for 1.5 hours in our 2nd grader's class and once a week help with lunchyard duty so have fairly decent understanding of what is going on at the school - well at least for someone new to the place. The kids are respectful and polite and are much less shy, I think, than the kids at Hoover. Now if we could just get the 5% of parents who don't want to comply with the pick-up rules to comply . . .

Nohl Canyon Elementary School
4100 East Nohl Ranch Road, Anaheim, CA  92807
Last modified Nohl Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nohl Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top