Antioch, CA
Students enrolled: 1,034

Park Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2015
I just attended Park Orientation for my daughters school next year and I though the campus look really duty,even some parents with me on tour thought the same

Park Middle School 5

Posted February 02, 2015
I moved to Antioch from SF just before the 2014 school year began. My 6th grade son's previous (2) schools had API ratings of 913 and 933 (very high), so going to the Antioch public school system where API scores averaged in the mid-700s initially caused me a great deal of anxiety. Now that my son has spent almost a full school year at Park Middle School, I wouldn't consider enrolling him anywhere else! His 6th grade teachers are excellent and have inspired him to grow academically and achieve a consistent 4.0 GPA. The school administration and staff are equally amazing and Park's principal, John Jimno, was just named "Principal of the Year" by the Association of California School Administrators. I also feel very good about my son's safety at Park. The school safety officer, Kenny McGaugh, is fantastic at controlling the kids and working with troubled teens to help them get back on track. Overall, my family's experience with Park Middle School has been excellent and I can give the school my highest recommendations!

Park Middle School 4

Posted January 25, 2015
Park Middle is just about the best middle school Antioch has to offer. I currently have a 7th grade son attending but 2 more already in high school that also went to Park all 3 years. The Principal, teachers, and staff go the extra mile for the students all the time! They have a high rate of students that consistently achieve honor roll (all of mine included), and give constant encouragement for all students to continue to improve. The way most schools could improve is parent involvement! Parents, you can't just send your son or daughter to school and expect a perfect leaning experience without YOUR reinforcement at home. -Nikki

Park Middle School 4

Posted July 28, 2014
My son attended Park Middle School from 6th through 8th grade, overall he liked the school and his teachers. The faculty members that I have encountered have all been satisfactory (actually, except for one old-timer who seem to have been done with her profession 10 years ago) as well as the staff. My son's teachers were attentive toward my inquiries, telephonically/email/in-person and they seem to actually care. They provided more challenging materials when my son asked for them. Park MS appear to place the safety of their students as primary, taking security measures when necessary. Overall, 4 starts out of 5! Last note: It's important for parents to understand that teachers are not spoon-feeders of knowledge, students must put in effort and dedication toward their school work to which should be coupled with parental/familial support.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 20, 2014
My school is great but during math a lot of kids find it boring and hard. If the teachers made learning math (and other lessons) fun then maybe kids would do better.

Park Middle School 5

Posted September 04, 2013
I love the school and have good grades. There is a teacher named Mr.Hansen which is strict but makes you smarter and get higher grades .He is an English teacher here at park. There isn't that many fights here unless your son or daughter get mad.

Posted April 19, 2013
I have a son and daughter who go to Park Middle School and they both have a 4.0 G.P.A. I do like this school but the problem is the staff and some teachers. Some teachers dont even know what they are teaching and some are very good. The staff scream at kids like if they are a bunch of animals. That is why i give this school a rating of a 3.

Park Middle School 1

Posted August 09, 2009
My daughter has went to park for two years and i am not satisfide with the school or the teachers. There is very little disipline and more fights.

Posted August 25, 2006
We moved from SF to Antioch 3 years ago. So far in the 3 years my daughter has been there, she has never had problems. The school might not be the TOP school but I have not had any problems. I truly believe it is up to the parent and the student to make their education at any school the best. Maria

Park Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2006
A quality education can be had here, but there is a lot of 'drama' if you have a female child. There are some excellent teachers, but I don't know that the leadership of the school has a realistic view of the inappropriate behavior that occurs (dress code, language, fights) or that they take appropriate measures to handle it. There appears to be parent involvement, but it does not seem to come from the parents that need to be there the most....those with children that are disruptive and cause problems.

Park Middle School
1 Spartan Way, Antioch, CA  94509
Last modified Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top