No rating

St. Timothy's Preparatory School

Private | K-8 | 67 students

Living in Apple Valley

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $116,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted December 12, 2013

Called the school and spoke to the head of Pre-K. She was nice on the phone til I told her my child has SPD then she try to tell me to take him to public school and that if we really wanted him in the school then we could pay for an aide on top of the school fees, I was floored, this is Pre-K lady. In fact my son already goes to another private Pre-K ( we are being relocated to CA) and his teacher tested him many times and said he is the smartest kid in her class way advance in his class the only thing is he may not sit still for the 20-30 mins they want on same days. She said if he can not do that then he would be bad for the class and teacher. I'm not surprised to read the review from the mom who son had speech problems and was denied. This is why I am going to homeschool.

Posted March 28, 2013

My son was not admitted because he is delay in speech is sad to know that it was the only reason for this school to denay him his enrollment this is not professional .I feel they are looking for perfect kids to be perfect in everything so the teacher don't have to work and keep the school in perfect rating I feel very disssapoint with the staff and the teacher that make the evaluation to my kid.she has only 5 kids in the classroom and she couldn't keep it with one more.very bad impression

Posted November 26, 2012

We have had our daughter enrolled since kindergarten in 2009. She is now a happy, motivated 3rd grader. Every day she comes home from Me. Martinez's class and says, "Today was awesome because ____!" Without fail. I could not be happier with the education she has received thuis far & the values she's exposed to. One of the first things I noticed when she was a kindergartner was how involved the older students were with the younger ones. Responsibility & character are really emphasized. I don't know where the previous parent got their stats as there have never been more than 15 kids in my daughter's class. When they had 15 kindergarteners, the school actually brought in a 2nd teacher! I highly recommend St Tim's.

Posted April 24, 2010

St. Timothy's Preparatory is a strong academic school that fills each student with christian values that prepare the student for a successful life. Many students have graduated from this school and are now attending colleges. Both my children have attended this school and both of them have had a positive learning experience at St. Timothy's.

Posted April 24, 2010

It's the best school in the High Desert - academically and otherwise
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 14, 2009

St. Tim's is a great school. The class sizes are small, the staff is great, and parents are all very friendly. It has been a positive experience for my family.

Posted March 3, 2009

St.Tim's Prep is a great school with 5 star leadership and teachers class size at about 10 to12 St. Tim's produce a first class student that does well in H.S. and into college

Posted December 18, 2008

My family has been with St Timothy's Prep since 1998. My daughter graduated in 2005. The experience was great. The work can be challenging & there is alot of parent involvement. Not sure where the previous parent got her student average from but there has never been more than 15 students in a class since we have been with the school. I think that is why this school is so succesful. The staff is very supportive & the Principal has done amazings things for the school. They do not have a music program but chapel every morning is a great way to start the day. These children learn love, respect and character. They acquire a very strong foundation that is needed to become successful and guides them in the right direction to higher education. So happy with the school, I enrolled my other two children. Phenomenal school!

Posted November 21, 2008

After working in the public school setting and then having the pleasure of working at St. Timothy's Prep, I would NEVER go back to public schools. Our school has a low student to teacher ratio. Currently I have 12 children in my class. On average I have had 12 each year. I am not sure where a previous parent who posted on this board got their information, but our largest class is at 15 students. Compared to public school that is half of their class size. I currently have a preschooler and a 1st grade student who attend St. Timothy's. I have had nothing but the absolute best care for both of my children. I continue to work at this school because I believe in our mission and I want my own children to receive the best education I can give them.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 14, 2008

I rate St. Timothy's 'Quality LOW' and by the way... CLASS SIZE is UP to (20) now. We have sent our kids to St. Timothy's for about 4 years and it just keeps disappointing us. We CAN afford it, money is not the issue. We wanted the quality experience and education a 'private' school offers but for the $5800.00 a child we are now required to pay we are still not getting our monies worth. On top of that, in the cold months the kids STILL have no place to eat indoors. On the hot scorching days the kids STILL have very little shade on campus & must eat outside in the scorching heat. No grass. All sports are played in the dirt. The kids look impressing when they memorize 25 BIG spelling words on their test every Friday, but can't spell the simple words when writing a paragraph. Not good

Posted April 27, 2008

I attended St. Timothy's school for almost my whole schooling career (except 5th grade. Sorry Mrs. Carlile) The small class sizes are awesome and promote a better teacher to Student relationship in which its like almost learning and discussing t the same time (well in middle school it is) We get into heated debates and learn while doing this) The teachers are amazing and really go up and beyond what is told of them. I see it as a small extended family i can visit and meet with. Of course they still have their annual events with the added Dinner and a play. (i am so going to that) I can express how great it was to attend a school like St. Tim's from Pre-k Skip 5th and go on to graduate in the year of 07'.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 18, 2007

St. Timothy's is a true gem. This school has an excellent elementary as well as pre-school program. The middle school program (grades 6-8) prepares its students for high school and beyond. Critical thinking and analytical thinking are underscored here. The school is safe and the children are well cared for. Teachers are motivated and give their all. I have had my son at this school since third grade, he is now in the seventh. I searched around quite a bit before choosing St. Timothy's. I have no regrets, this school cannot be beat.

Posted January 5, 2007

St. Timothy's is an excellent school. The teachers are dedicated, creative, and aspire to a high standard. Children are taught how to write and critical thinking skills, as well as ethics and morality. The small class size creates a wonderful learning environment.

Posted June 11, 2006

St. Timothy School has incredibly low class sizes and an atmosphere where kids feel and are safe. The academics at the elementary level are good, but the middle school program is outstanding. For the middle school students there are academic extra-curriculars- sports and band are not offered. Because of the small size of the school virtually any student who wants to participate in an activity may do so. This is a school for people who are seriously focused on getting their kids and excellent education. It is the best school in the Victor Valley and well worth the price of tuition.

Posted August 28, 2005

School class size averages around 13 students per class. Very well adapted for learning. Plenty of attention to children and safe grounds.

Posted March 14, 2005

Great caring and family oriented school. High parent involvement/volunteers. They have an annual Christmas program, Halloween Carnival, Science Fair, Art Festival, International Day and book fair. I can go on and on. Educational field trips are on a monthly basis. They have camp at the end of the year for the middle schoolers. They start the day with 1/2 hour of chapel every morning. This year (January 2005) 8th graders went to Washington D.C. for a week. They have day care from 7:00 am to 6:oo pm. You can always reach a teacher, principal or office staff should you have any questions or concerns that need immediate attention.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Bonnie Cambridge
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

15757 Saint Timothy Road