Bad
Good

Good school with some good curriculum, good staff...Glad I was a Mariner! Although we can increase more opportunities, but I believe Dana will get there. ;-)

Richard Henry Dana Middle School is one of the greatest schools in LAUSD district in my experience as a student In the 7th grade! They have great teachers that explain things really well,and make class work a lot easier and they are very respectful to the students.Dana also has a great big campus so that everyone has lots of space to hangout and be social which is great for the kids here.Also we have really fun activities for everyone like spirit week for all grades and dance parties which are planned by leadership.We also have nice after school programs like sports and homework club which I've heard that is great for kids who stay after school and the Boys and Girls club across the street overall I love Dana Middle School !

Loved it when I went there and love it now. My son is in the GATE program and leadership and is thriving. I love the diversity of the students and the staff.

The music club is excellent! The students enjoy the music class. The parents put lots of effort in there.

This is the best school EVER!!! I am a student at this school and I LOVE it! An I just started! I already made some friends and the teachers are nice and humorous! I LOVE this school

I love this school!! I'm an 8th grader and I'm really sad that I'm leaving next year. This school has excellent teachers and a great principal. There are tons of activities and clubs you can join and it's so much fun. Everyone fits in here and there is absolutely no bullying. I made friends in no time at all. If you're looking for a place where u can express your talent, hang out with your friends, not have so much homework and get fabulous grades easily in all of your classes, this is definitely the perfect school for you :)

Dana Middle school is THE BEST!!! :D I am a sixth grader here at Dana and I love it there! There are many clubs that will help your students make a lot of friends. The teachers have the best teaching! You'll never feel ignored and they'll always be there to help you when you need it. There are lots of proctors and teachers supervising students during break and lunch everywhere in the school grounds and you'll have less chance to be bullied there. I have made a lot of good friends there! If you want your child or children to have more friends and better teaching and education...DANA IS THE BEST SCHOOL TO CHOOSE!!! :D GO DANA MARINERS!!! :pd

This is an exellent school, as the rating shows. The students there are very good manners, there are awesome extra curriculms, they are commited to learning, and all of them are happy. They have very effective ways of learning that don't bore the kids. THey have plenty of clubs so they are never lonely or bored. The teachers there actually have feelings for the children, not just view them as money. THe principal participates in a lot of activites, and supports the kids. There is a lot of parent involvment, and i just have to say, THIS SCHOOL IS THE GREATEST!

This is the best school out there. The extracurricular activities are awesome and you learn very fast and easy on academic classes too. They have so much work done for the students here, I feel like an individual, not part of a big swarm of kids.

this school is excellent. i have no idea what the other parents are thinking. they let the students in the school be more independent and you cant expect anymore from them

Last modified Richard Henry Dana Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.