Arcadia, CA

Posted June 25, 2015
I went to this school in the 90s & I had lice at the time. I understand a parent was probably concerned but they had the nurse come in and check everyone for it, not even being discreet about it. I was sent home immediately after that. That experience was extremely mortifying. They did nothing to help. I am still being tortured by it 17 years later. This school was the absolute worst and my children will never come here if it were the last school on earth.

Rio Hondo Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 25, 2015
No. They let the kids laugh at the ones being bullied and victimised. Nothing is done.

Rio Hondo Elementary School 5

Posted February 20, 2015
Wow I love this school I have been here since kindergarten and it's pretty awesome I met my best friends here and even though it's my last year here I will always rember this place

Posted September 03, 2014
We live in the homes surrounding Rio Hondo grade school and do not appreciate the parents dropping off their children driving way too fast up and down our streets,blocking our driveways so we can't go to work or come home from work during school events or school start or end.We have complained many times to school administration but seems to be ignored .You have a large street and drop off area on Lenore ave but no one uses it for some reason?Well,I guess we'll just call the sheriffs when you block our driveways and waste their time also...thank you all you inconsiderate parents......for nothing!!

Rio Hondo Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2014
My son has been going here since 4th grade. A lot of bullys but I know how to handle that problem. Great principal he has helped my son a lot of times. Teachers are OK some are caring but some are inpatient. He will be attending 6 grade in September. He tells me many times this school has been the best one he ever attended. Which is a miracle to me. We often moved a lot due to my job but I'm trying hard for us to stay here until he finishes the 8th grade.

Rio Hondo Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2014
No Honor Classes! The Pre-Algebra Teacher Is Not Serious And Is Taking Everything As A Joke! Many Don't Follow The Uniform Policy But Only Some Get In Trouble. The Vice Principal Acts Like They Are The Main School Runner , The Principal Is Great But The Vice Principal Isn't . They Have A Little Cafeteria And Try To Fit 7&8 Together All Classes! Some of the teachers have attitude , if they are going to yell and act miserable then do not attend a job with children ! You do need patience we all know that! the kids should be able to change for p.e not go to there classes sweaty and smelly! This school needs help !

Rio Hondo Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
I attended this school and it looks like the quality has gone down since I was there.

Posted June 23, 2013
Im a former student and it sadness me that when my kids were of age to attend this school that it has completely changed. The fact that my son can complete his homework on the way home every day shows that the students are not given approriate homework. This school is a program improvemeet school for the past 3 years. My kids will not be attending this school next year, horriable school stay away. Huge bully problem that the principal does nothing to fix the problem.

Rio Hondo Elementary School 5

Posted March 08, 2013
I currently have two children attending this school..and volunteer to help both classes.I understand how we all need to work but we parents need to support the teachers anyway we can.It is a very important year to raise the benchmarks and Raise our awareness of what's happening with our kids.I help and everyone can do a little something makes a big difference for the staff.I like this school and the wonderful community we are a part of.

Rio Hondo Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2011
I am an 8th grader currently attending Rio Hondo. I think this school is a great school to go to because all the teachers are dedicated in having the students learn. I have only been going to this school for two years and it's such a great atmosphere to be in!(: The teachers are wonderful to be around. Their teaching skills are great! All the 8th grade teachers are cool(: Including Ms.Brown, Mrs.De Leon & Mrs.Joseph. This school is just phenomenal! The P.E. staff is incredible...they push you to do good on your mile and on homework thats given to you. Also, the AVID program is great! It is very helpful...many kids don't like it but it will help in the long run(: ALot. so yeah its a very good school to go to &7 I will miss it when i do leave to High School next year(:<3

Rio Hondo Elementary School
11425 Wildflower Road, Arcadia, CA  91006
Last modified Rio Hondo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Hondo Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top