Arcadia, CA

Rio Hondo Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
We live in the homes surrounding Rio Hondo grade school and do not appreciate the parents dropping off their children driving way too fast up and down our streets,blocking our driveways so we can't go to work or come home from work during school events or school start or end.We have complained many times to school administration but seems to be ignored .You have a large street and drop off area on Lenore ave but no one uses it for some reason?Well,I guess we'll just call the sheriffs when you block our driveways and waste their time also...thank you all you inconsiderate parents......for nothing!!

Posted June 10, 2014
My son has been going here since 4th grade. A lot of bullys but I know how to handle that problem. Great principal he has helped my son a lot of times. Teachers are OK some are caring but some are inpatient. He will be attending 6 grade in September. He tells me many times this school has been the best one he ever attended. Which is a miracle to me. We often moved a lot due to my job but I'm trying hard for us to stay here until he finishes the 8th grade.

Rio Hondo Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2014
No Honor Classes! The Pre-Algebra Teacher Is Not Serious And Is Taking Everything As A Joke! Many Don't Follow The Uniform Policy But Only Some Get In Trouble. The Vice Principal Acts Like They Are The Main School Runner , The Principal Is Great But The Vice Principal Isn't . They Have A Little Cafeteria And Try To Fit 7&8 Together All Classes! Some of the teachers have attitude , if they are going to yell and act miserable then do not attend a job with children ! You do need patience we all know that! the kids should be able to change for p.e not go to there classes sweaty and smelly! This school needs help !

Rio Hondo Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
I attended this school and it looks like the quality has gone down since I was there.

Rio Hondo Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2013
Im a former student and it sadness me that when my kids were of age to attend this school that it has completely changed. The fact that my son can complete his homework on the way home every day shows that the students are not given approriate homework. This school is a program improvemeet school for the past 3 years. My kids will not be attending this school next year, horriable school stay away. Huge bully problem that the principal does nothing to fix the problem.

Posted March 08, 2013
I currently have two children attending this school..and volunteer to help both classes.I understand how we all need to work but we parents need to support the teachers anyway we can.It is a very important year to raise the benchmarks and Raise our awareness of what's happening with our kids.I help and everyone can do a little something makes a big difference for the staff.I like this school and the wonderful community we are a part of.

Posted December 15, 2011
I am an 8th grader currently attending Rio Hondo. I think this school is a great school to go to because all the teachers are dedicated in having the students learn. I have only been going to this school for two years and it's such a great atmosphere to be in!(: The teachers are wonderful to be around. Their teaching skills are great! All the 8th grade teachers are cool(: Including Ms.Brown, Mrs.De Leon & Mrs.Joseph. This school is just phenomenal! The P.E. staff is incredible...they push you to do good on your mile and on homework thats given to you. Also, the AVID program is great! It is very helpful...many kids don't like it but it will help in the long run(: ALot. so yeah its a very good school to go to &7 I will miss it when i do leave to High School next year(:<3

Posted December 07, 2011
Nice and clean. The teachers are very dedicated and respectful. I have a very hectic schedule and sometimes I have to leave my child on School premises over an hour before his class start. The lunch lady take good care of him and it really gives me piece of mind to know that they make my life and my child live easier. They know every student's name and every adult that drops off or pick up the child. I am so glad I have this school in my community.

Posted September 17, 2011
I am a grandparent of 2 Rio Hondo students and 1 that will graduate from Arroyo this year. Their mother went to these schools also. I have always been very happy with this school. I realize that it may have gone downhill a little lately, but with a new principal this year I have high hopes for recovery of the status that we had prior to this. We all need to support and work with the teachers and administrators that are trying to do the best for OUR students. With co-operation we shall prevail.

Posted November 07, 2010
I am an 8th grade student currently attending Rio Hondo! :D I've been here since kindergarten and every teacher I had were just so awesome! This is a really safe place and the teachers really care about the students. We may not have a strict dress code but its not like we dress up like freaks or anything. The campus is also really prettyful. The P.E education is outstanding. We also one of the first schools in the district to have AVID. Builders Club is also another wonderful um, club we have. Im in it and we do alot of things that help the school and community (beach cleanup, campus cleanup, car wash, donations,) I was reading all the horrible comments posted on 2004 and i say Rio Hondo has changed alot..into a really good school. My sister is also attending Rio Hondo in 4th grade and she loves the school.

Rio Hondo Elementary School
11425 Wildflower Road, Arcadia, CA  91006
Last modified Rio Hondo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Hondo Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top