Public charter
Auburn, CA

Posted April 23, 2014
This is our third year at Bowman Charter school. It is a wonderful school. The staff is very friendly and professional. Wonderful ,caring teachers. Every time I mention that my kids go to this school, people always rave about how great a school it is. Most importantly my kids are very happy here and are always excited to come to school. I don't understand why some people are giving negative reviews. My experience has been completely the opposite. With complete honesty I will say that I do believe some people are not being truthful for whatever reason.

Posted April 22, 2014
After being told by several family's not to go here, I did anyways. I wish I would have listened to them. The administration was unprofessional, and the teacher my daughter had was only conserned about herself. We removed ourselves from this school, and are now very happy with a school in our district.

Posted January 14, 2013
My children began there in kindergarten and are now in the 6th grade. They have flourished in the creative, nurturing and educationally environment. All staff is caring and competent professionals. The teachers look at individual student needs and seek to provide consistent, high quality instruction. Personally, I don t think my child could be better served in any private or other public school. Truly an excellent school!

Posted August 27, 2012
Unhappy on how the Vice Prinicpal handled our residence issue with our children. I am unsure how i should handle this situation.

Posted February 21, 2012
This school is horrible. The principal lets the teachers teach the way that they want, with no attention to struggling students. If your child gets special attention, DO NOT GO HERE. My daughter's IEP paperwork was rushed and inaccurate. I called many, many meetings with the teacher and principal for nothing to be accomplished due to the teacher's lack of interest in my daughter's education. I finally transferred my daughter to another school and was informed that the reason for the transfer,bluntly put, that I was looking for another school with lower standards. Obviously, it was to discover an alternative to her education, find a school that WORKS WITH my daughter. On top of everything, the IEP comparison was not available to me. (Bowman did not invite other school's IEP.) ANY school is better than this one. In an IEP meeting, The teacher said, "Well, I think that she will have a problem wherever she goes." This is not love for teaching or respect for your kids...this is a paycheck. IEP does not equal overtime so boo hoo for you. If you want your child to be encouraged and excited to learn, no matter their level, I recommend another school.I was also an art docent! Imagine that!

Posted July 26, 2011
We absolutely love this school! We were blown away by the amount of parent involvement, excellent leadership, and wonderful teachers. Absolutely incredible! We are SO happy it is K-8. The after school Kids Club is also wonderful.

Posted January 20, 2011
My husband and I could not be happier with this school. After taking my child out of another local school that was sub-par, I learned what a true school community is all about. I love the principal/superintendent and vice principal, the teachers, and the staff. There is definate accountability at this school, which I really appreciate. Bowman also has a FANTASTIC PTO which allows for wonderful parental involvement. I believe that this is key in raising happy, well-adjusted and accountable kids. GO BULLS!

Posted April 27, 2010
We took our kids out of an inferior school with inferior teaching and administration where our kids were struggling and put them in Bowman. What a difference a school makes!! The kids are happy and thriving and we are thrilled with our decision to move them to Bowman. We feel like we are getting top dollar private schooling for free!

Bowman Charter School 4

Posted February 11, 2010
The staff is awesome. They got a new Superintendent/Principal this year that I think is going to send this school right to the top.

Bowman Charter School 0

Posted October 11, 2009
They have the best staff in the world. I've never met such a generous, helpful, and just downright cheery group of people before.

Bowman Charter School
13777 Bowman Road, Auburn, CA  95603
(530) 885-1974
Last modified Bowman Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowman Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top