Bad
Good

I love the direction the school is headed with the new principle. This school has the most exciting feild trips and the most amazing staff. We are so proud to be a part of this school.

We have been a Bowman family for years, with our oldest child graduating from Placer HS last year, and our youngest is in 2nd grade now. We moved from the district 2 years ago and never felt like we were "out of district" parents. The administration has been very warm and welcoming through the years. While there are ups and downs with any organization, I have to say that Bowman has always stepped up, admitted fault if necessary, and made amends. I would not dream of moving my child from here and am happy that he will finish the K-8 program at Bowman. Great school! Wonderful facilities! And excellent after school program at Kids Club. Margaret Blake is just fabulous and my son adores her and her staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

It seems that there are those that are harder than others, but I think that is fair. Some kids need more push than others. Some do well with less homework and more classwork, while others will prefer to work hands on in class and crunch numbers at home. Regardless of the student, I think that the teachers present can effectively meet each childs needs and make sure that at the end of the year they have fulfilled most, if not all, expectations.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son finishes homework at Kids Club most nights, but when he doesn't, it is because the "family" homework is what is left. This leaves time at home for discussion, projects, and family time.

Develops character: Agree

Having 2 boys, both that like to get in trouble here and there, the school is more like a partner in their development and helps to teach right from wrong gently and without making them feel like bad kids or monsters.

Absolutley amazing school! Bowman has been a great school for my tk'er so far. We are excited to grow there!

This is our third year at Bowman Charter school. It is a wonderful school. The staff is very friendly and professional. Wonderful ,caring teachers. Every time I mention that my kids go to this school, people always rave about how great a school it is. Most importantly my kids are very happy here and are always excited to come to school. I don't understand why some people are giving negative reviews. My experience has been completely the opposite. With complete honesty I will say that I do believe some people are not being truthful for whatever reason.

After being told by several family's not to go here, I did anyways. I wish I would have listened to them. The administration was unprofessional, and the teacher my daughter had was only conserned about herself. We removed ourselves from this school, and are now very happy with a school in our district.

My children began there in kindergarten and are now in the 6th grade. They have flourished in the creative, nurturing and educationally environment. All staff is caring and competent professionals. The teachers look at individual student needs and seek to provide consistent, high quality instruction. Personally, I don t think my child could be better served in any private or other public school. Truly an excellent school!

Unhappy on how the Vice Prinicpal handled our residence issue with our children. I am unsure how i should handle this situation.

Last modified Bowman Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.