Auburn, CA

Posted February 14, 2013
I have have had four children graduate from Forest Lake Christian and thank God for the good Christ centered education provided for them. While not perfect, they are attempting to instill in their students hearts a love for Christ and to equip their minds with the tools to serve Christ no matter what their calling. My chief criticism is regarding the contempory style for their chapels and music. Whatever happended to hymns? Also, the broadly evangelical mind set that does not clearly understand the Biblical issue of separation, i.e., Roman Catholics are not Christians if they are following Roman Catholicism teaching of a "works righteousness" rather that "Sola Fide", faith alone in "Sola Christus", Christ alone!

Posted January 16, 2012
I have two children that have attended this awesome school for 9 years. The education they have received is not only based on truth but also very challenging. We love the fact that Bibical Truth is taught in every subject and that the teachers are a great example of God's love.Most graduating seniors go to a four year college right out of highschool and are very prepared for college not just academically but also spiritually. My children also ride the bus to and from school and have had a great experience with that as well. My family loves the school and hope that anyone thinking about a private/Christian education will check it out.

Posted January 02, 2012
Forest Lake is an very good school that provides excellent instruction in a Christian environment. I graduated from Forest Lake back in the 80's, have had two children graduate from Forest Lake, and one still in attendance. I attended college and on average found myself much better prepared than kids who attended public school. My daughter is currently attending college and has been very well prepared. Your student will have lots of homework and learn how to take tests. Being a private school, Forest Lake may not be able to provide as wide a range of classes as some of the larger public schools, but in the core academics, they are better than public schools. Most teachers are great, and they all take an interest in the students and provide positive role models. Forest Lake has a good sports program with a positive environment stressing Christian standards, yet with a champion desire to win. In summary, I returned to this area so my children could attend Forest Lake. I would not want to send them anywhere else. Forest Lake teaches the Bible and Christian apologetics. Your child will be prepared to meet todays world, whether it is college or the working world.

Posted November 30, 2011
We have all 3 of our children at FLCS and have been at the school for the past 5 years. While our main reason for coming to Forest Lake from the public school system was for the Christian curriculum, I was so pleased to find that the school is very competitive academically as well. In fact we have found that in math they have remained about 6 months to a year ahead of their high-scoring public school counterparts. We love the greek and latin part of the English curriculum introduced in 5th grade, the math assessments in 7th grade so that our children grow strong math skills leading into High School, and the extra activities like computers, basketball, chior, volleyball, soccer, cross country, etc. are an added bonus. We love FLCS and plan to keep all three of our children there through High School until they leave for 4-year universities.

Posted August 29, 2011
I have worked at Forest Lake Christian School for 20 years During those years I have been a classroom teacher, coached an variety of sports and am currently high school principal. Noting that most of the reviews on this site are 5-7 years old I shall endeavor to bring some currency to this site. At Forest Lake Christian School we are always striving to utilize the very best and most current practices that are designed to meet the needs and goals of our school community. Our high school is accredited by both ACSI and WASC, retaining that status from both agencies since the early 80's. We currently offer Honors courses in our English Department and AP Calculus within our Math Department. Ninety percent of our graduates consistently move on to higher education with approximately sixty five percent going directly into 4 year programs. Please contact the school to learn which colleges and or universities our students consistently attend and to compare our SAT and ACT scores within our area, state and nation.

Posted August 25, 2011
I have had four children graduate from FLCS and think they are an excellent school, especially if you are looking for a Christian school. They may not have the best facilities or variety of extracurricular programs, but they have Christ and work hard to instill a love for Christ and a Christian world view in the hearts and minds of their students. Our one daughter was so well prepared in the sciences that she was able to test out of freshman chemistry at BIOLA University. So they are academically doing a great job as well. We now have our grand son enrolled and are again very pleased with the teachers and administration.

Forest Lake Christian 1

Posted June 12, 2011
I had four children at FLCSall at the same time. Because of a personnel disagreement with the personal inappropiate and hypocritical behavior of the owner and administrator, our children recieved abusive treatment from the same. We had to immediately remove our children from the school.

Forest Lake Christian 4

Posted March 24, 2010
I have a daughter graduating this year and another in 7th grade. FLCS is an excellent school with great values. My daughter was accepted to both a UC, CSU and private universites with no issues. The only concern I have is with the math dept, they seem to be a year behind public schools and they don't seem to adapt quickly to the changes public schools are making to curriculum. Overall, I would send my kids here in a heartbeat, they have helped shape them into confident, well rounded young ladies.

Posted March 17, 2010
My children have been at Forest Lake since 2nd and 4th grades. My older daughter is graduating this year and has classmates who are going to colleges all over the country and state including UC's and Cal Poly. For those who question the standards and ability for kids to get into top notch colleges, every year we've been here we've known students who go where they want with both academic and athletic scholarships. FLCS is double accredited by WASC and ACSI which means that the secular colleges fully accept the classes. More importantly, both our daughters have been challenged to make our faith their own and are both excited to grow in the Lord through the ministry of the teachers, staff

Forest Lake Christian 2

Posted December 05, 2009
The school has a great Christian ethic but the standards for getting your child may not be what is needed. Our daughter is in her second year and we will probably pull her out after this year to get her into a school more academically suited to get her into a good college or university. The school is great if you don't have very high college aspirations and are only interested in religious education.

Forest Lake Christian