Caroline Harris Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2014
My son has ADHD and it is difficult for him to focus, sit still and behave as expected. Even with the knowledge of his diagnosis, the staff is quick to label and treat him as the "bad" student. If you need any paperwork filled out or a straight answer from the office staff then this is not the school for you. I receive a different answer to my questions almost every time I call the office. To further treat my son's ADHD the school was asked to fill out paperwork to finalize his diagnosis- 9 weeks later it is still not done. In the two years my son attended this school, neither teacher has effectively communicated with me other than calls home to tell notifiy me of his disruptive behavior. During my parent teacher conference this year the teacher repeatly begged me to get him help saying "he has problems, he has major issues." After seeking help he was diagnosed with ADHD and the school has not been accommodating or understanding through any of the process.

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted December 07, 2006
This school has been great with my son. They have helped my son in Mathematics and also in his reading; he has improved over the past year that he has been there. I thank the teachers and the Counselor's.

Posted June 16, 2006
Outstanding teachers and caring staff make this a school I'm proud to send my children to. There are many experienced teachers and they encourage active parent involvement.

Caroline Harris Elementary School
4110 Garnsey Lane, Bakersfield, CA  93309
Last modified Caroline Harris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caroline Harris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top