Bad
Good

North High School 3

Posted March 28, 2011
Im currently attending North High in my senior year and I can tell you my 4 years have been up and down; its a good high school, not the best but Good overall, But the thing North high isn't so great is Cleanliness and Security, The bathrooms are a MESS you can't go inside with out being disgusted by the things you see in there. Security really needs to keep an eye on Bullies!!!!!!! and also the bathrooms because its easily Tagged on and kids are constantly smoking in there. Minus that, North high is really great and has a lot of high school spirit and the teachers are really great! Our special Ed students are treated equally with respect and is a great high school for a student with special needs. This high school isn't perfect but it is a good high school. I've enjoyed my time at North high school and Im proud that I'm graduating from there but I wish a few changes could've been made, Overall Good School not the best But you meet a lot of great people.

Posted March 04, 2011
I have had three children attend North High School. North is not our home school but was chosen due to the academics, teachers and the ability to help children with learning disabilities. I would recommend this school to anyone that wants to receive a good education. It is there for the taking. Mind you, if you want to cause trouble not do your work this is not the right school for you. North is the best kept secret!

North High School 1

Posted August 18, 2009
Honestly North High is a horrible school. It seems like not even the teachers take things seriously now days! It's very hard to concentrate in the noisy classes, and the security is very low. It seems like the school loves to make up rules as they go on and they don't really listen to the students needs. I was ecstatic when my mom took me out of North High. Once I was out of North High, my grades improved and I wasn't in a noisy environment and I was able to concentrate and get my work done.

Posted April 29, 2009
This is a horrible school! They make up their own rules as they go and the 'favored children' are untouched.

Posted January 15, 2009
I have had 4 children attend North High. 3 of my 4 were able to do very well. They were active in sports, and the AP classes were very helpful. The area that I would say we had problemsw with them, would be if you had a child like I do that isnt the average student. He was not special ed, but had learning challanges just the same. I found it difficult if not impossible to find help for him. I felt that it was difficult to impossible to find someone to understand his challenges. I attended classes for parents, I met with the Dean, the Vice Principle and Principle. He has sinse left North, and is doing very well.

Posted July 07, 2008
North High School is an excellent school where students can receive a first-rate education. North High's administration is also outstanding as well as very 'parent friendly'. I love North High School!

North High School 3

Posted September 16, 2007
If parents contact the teachers via email/ telephone/ in person, on a weekly basis then the parents would be keeping track of there childs progress. It is hard I would lie to my mom and now i am in military four years later finishing my aa when i could have excelled in high school with a little more guidance. parents take heed

North High School 2

Posted November 23, 2003
Administration needs to be more open to input from parents. Also, it would be most helpful if they would promptly and thoroughly investigate complaints. More security would help things as well. It is ridiculous to assume that five security guards can effectively secure a school of over 2,000 students. I sincerely hope administration at North High School takes all comments made here into consideration, and that they take an effective route to correct these problems.

Posted October 23, 2003
I currently have a child at North High and I have been very pleased with the education she has received. She is taking advantage of numerous AP classes, and her teachers have been very accessible (primarily through e-mail). The leadership is strong and the administrators are helpful and care about the students. They have made sure that my daughter's schedule is appropriate for her goals. I highly recommend North High.

North High School 1

Posted September 04, 2003
This school does not follow a students progress through out high school, thus causing students that have difficulties to fall through the cracks and not be able to graduate on time. They also fail to mention possible learning disabilities (dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, etc.) Which goes undiagnosed until the child has grown and is finding it hard to live on their own in the world.

300 Galaxy Avenue, Bakersfield, CA  93308-1722
Last modified North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.