Bakersfield, CA

Posted February 21, 2013
Highland elementary school is a school that cares for the child as well as teaches them to the best of there abilities .I am a former student from highland elementary I and attended this school in kindergarten and Mrs.Demoris was my teacher and from my own person experience highland is a great school and I attend college now and I still go back to highland now and help with different activities .My younger siblings attend highland at the moment have both took in Mrs.Demoris and they come home everyday telling me how much they like school their friends and what they have learned .. So I can personally tell you Highland is a great school and keep up the good work !!!

Posted April 10, 2010
My son has been at this school all of his life he is in 4th grade now with Mrs. Clayton. My youngest is in K and has Mrs. Gares. Each and every teacher I have encountered at this school has been incredible wonderful. They are very caring and many are over-qualified. Mrs, Gares, in fact, has gone above and beyond to work with me and my sometimes difficult child. As far ast the playground goes, the kids ARE supervised but no one is breathing down thier necks. I personally like to see kids having a good time at school. Over-all there are little quirks in the administration and budget issues, but the teaching your child will recieve at this school is above and beyond!

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2010
i like the school but i do have problems with the teachers not letting the kids go to the rest room during class like our old school so my child holds it all day and somtimes has acedents. also parent activity is very rare were not involved hardly at all partys eating with our kids this school needs to have family days like other schools do. other than the lack of involvment i can say my child has grown so much since starting last yr as for disipline on ressess ya theres no real disipine my child has been hit by rocks and bullied for mths the principal hardly cares their right he stands out side waves as he is puttting on a show my child has scars from kids hurting people physically and menally and hates the school also lactose free kids warning teachers give them milk and other food

Posted January 17, 2009
This is a great school with teachers who try hard and truly care about the children!

Posted January 15, 2009
So far, My children enjoy this school. Yes, their isn't a lot of activities. But I beleive is the parent's responsibilities. Great Job!

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2008
Very uneven school. Some teachers are wonderful such as Mrs. Slaton and Mrs. Hodges who try to bring out the best in kids by not accepting low preformence. Others tend to not care if kids learn or not. The principle cares only about putting on a good show and the behavior outside the classrooms is completely out of control. There are no rules or they are never enforced. Do not try to eat in the cafeteria or you will lose your apetite because of the mess and noise.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2008
I have had children at this school for the past 4 years and couldn't be happier, what a wonderful school. The teachers are very quick to spot a child who is bright and should be placed in classes accordingly, I have one in the GATE program and know she is thriving!

Posted November 29, 2007
I wanted to say Ms. Davis (5th grade) is a passionate teacher who is concerned with her students. She conects with them & shows they a lot of respect. She is one of the few teachers who seem to really want to make a differance in her students. I also like how she realizes no 2 students are the same & handles things in a matter that will work for the child individualy.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2006

Posted September 08, 2006
great school, kindergarten teachers are super,recommend....Mrs.Chavez and Mrs.Hanson. They are everything a teacher should be...love them!!!! Amber Mairel

Highland Elementary School
2900 Barnett Street, Bakersfield, CA  93308
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top