Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Love this school, about 9 years ago when my first child started attending there she got mrs. Stricker which is the most AMAZING teacher iv ever met! My daughter couldnt speak and knew very little due to her many medical issues, within three months my duaghter was talking well, and was almost completely up to par with everyone! Unbelievable...she went there all grades and always wonderful..my son now goes there and is in third now and i cannot find one complaint.

Amazing teachers. Amazing staff. Small class sizes and real care and attention given to each student.

Amazing school. The staff really care about all the students here. I couldn't imagine my kids attending any other school.

Highland elementary school is a school that cares for the child as well as teaches them to the best of there abilities .I am a former student from highland elementary I and attended this school in kindergarten and Mrs.Demoris was my teacher and from my own person experience highland is a great school and I attend college now and I still go back to highland now and help with different activities .My younger siblings attend highland at the moment have both took in Mrs.Demoris and they come home everyday telling me how much they like school their friends and what they have learned .. So I can personally tell you Highland is a great school and keep up the good work !!!

My son has been at this school all of his life he is in 4th grade now with Mrs. Clayton. My youngest is in K and has Mrs. Gares. Each and every teacher I have encountered at this school has been incredible wonderful. They are very caring and many are over-qualified. Mrs, Gares, in fact, has gone above and beyond to work with me and my sometimes difficult child. As far ast the playground goes, the kids ARE supervised but no one is breathing down thier necks. I personally like to see kids having a good time at school. Over-all there are little quirks in the administration and budget issues, but the teaching your child will recieve at this school is above and beyond!

i like the school but i do have problems with the teachers not letting the kids go to the rest room during class like our old school so my child holds it all day and somtimes has acedents. also parent activity is very rare were not involved hardly at all partys eating with our kids this school needs to have family days like other schools do. other than the lack of involvment i can say my child has grown so much since starting last yr as for disipline on ressess ya theres no real disipine my child has been hit by rocks and bullied for mths the principal hardly cares their right he stands out side waves as he is puttting on a show my child has scars from kids hurting people physically and menally and hates the school also lactose free kids warning teachers give them milk and other food

This is a great school with teachers who try hard and truly care about the children!

So far, My children enjoy this school. Yes, their isn't a lot of activities. But I beleive is the parent's responsibilities. Great Job!

Very uneven school. Some teachers are wonderful such as Mrs. Slaton and Mrs. Hodges who try to bring out the best in kids by not accepting low preformence. Others tend to not care if kids learn or not. The principle cares only about putting on a good show and the behavior outside the classrooms is completely out of control. There are no rules or they are never enforced. Do not try to eat in the cafeteria or you will lose your apetite because of the mess and noise.

I have had children at this school for the past 4 years and couldn't be happier, what a wonderful school. The teachers are very quick to spot a child who is bright and should be placed in classes accordingly, I have one in the GATE program and know she is thriving!

Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.