K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Heritage doesn't invest much in their teachers. When my child was there I had 3 meetings with the principal because of my child's teacher never being their to talk to after school, very little direct instruction, always sitting at the computer, and constant subs. Nothing changed in this teacher the entire year. It wasn't only that teacher either. It always seemed like their personal lives took priority over the students, and we were just expected to accept that. My child was new to the school, and began getting bullied by a group of boys. The support staff constant took the bully's side because they knew him and said he would never do that. The staff actually told me that with my child standing right there. I have never seen my child so frustrated. My son began to hate school. When he finally started to fight back and stand up for himself, they called me in and told me that I need to talk to him about his aggression. He had never shown any anger till he was faced with this toxic situation! Ever since my child has moved to his new school he is blossoming, and happy. By the way, after leaving Heritage, my son was tested 2 grade levels below in reading. He is now caught up after a little over one year in public school. I believe 7 other families moved from heritage that year. Some advice..if you want more families to stay at your school, don't treat them like outsiders, and take all of that money your school receives and use it to attract teachers that know what they are doing, and staff development. I hope you don't take my review for what it is, an honest experience. I could be bitter, but I'm not. I hope Heritage can make some changes, and get better for their student's sake.

Great school. I greatly appreciate how my daughter is pushed to excel at every subject. Small class sizes which allows lots of attention to give when needed. The staff and students are all very caring and envolved. I'm a very happy parent.

Top notch school without a lot of the drama at public schools providing more time to learn smaller class sizes you do not have to worry about overcrowding like at public schools. It is a private school that relies on money through events etc. I would expect to pay more at a private school public schools just don't have much to offer anymore

This is a good school that teaches about Jesus But my child complained about bad lunches they Where not good and the money u have to pay Every month dosnt look like it goes to the school Overall this is not a good school.

Our daughter attended Readyland Preschool and moved into Heritage Academy just last year as a kindergartener. What I like most about the environment is that they are not tied into the same stringent dictates that public schools are -- this does not mean that the rigor isn't there, because it is, it just means that the way children actually learn and thrive is taken into consideration when implementing the curriculum. My daughter thrives at Heritage; the focus on character building, spiritual growth (which can be beneficial to children of secular families), and community is going to help make her a better human while the focus on academics, critical thinking, and key educational skills will help her become a better scholar. I was amused by the parent who seemed baffled by the school's frequent fund raisers; it's a private school, it should be expected. What do you get for the money? You get small class sizes, opportunities for your child to have structured art, music, and computer classes; teaching to the test is virtually nonexistent and while public schools are struggling with Common Core nonsense, Heritage will continue to use their strong, highly developed curriculum.

I have two kids in Heritage. If you want your kid to learn about Jesus and lots about religion, this is the perfect school, but the academic level is poor, very poor. And also, almost every week they are asking for extra money, money for more supply, for contributions, annual fund donations, etc. Not pleased...at all.

My kids have attended Heritage since preschool (8+ years) and have had a wonderful experience. You cannot find nicer kids at any other school. This has to do with the teachers and principal inforcing christian morals and values. The education has been excellent and they try to make changes in books and labs to keep up with the times.

My daughter is in Kindergarten at Heritage, and our family has been totally blessed by the love and kindness of the teachers and staff. My daughter has learned so much about the bible, and Jesus, and is thriving with wonderful Godly friendships. I like the way that the Kindergarten Teachers have transitioned these 5 year old children from the comfort of pre-school into the rigors of Kinder Academics, without overwhelming them. Now, after the Christmas Break the students seem better prepared and even excited to dig into curriculim. Very pleased!!!

Heritage Christian school has a wonderful 5th grade teacher, handsome junior high bible teacher, and an extremely organized junior high Science teacher. Their secretaries rock too!

Unbelievable, quality Christian education that does not diminish the academic requirements to acheive those goals. Our daughter has thrived in this environment and has been attending since pre school at age 2 1/2 years. She will enter the Third grade in September and can't wait for the Summer to end so she can go back to school. The school is well managed, has quality teachers who enjoy teaching and plenty of activities to keep the children fulfilled. Our daughter also takes Chinese lessons at the school and had done great on her SAT's. If you are looking for a safe environment, where education and Christian goals come together perfectly, we recommend Heritage Christian Schools.

Last modified Heritage Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-6