PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

If you looking for a great preschool keep looking! The computer is teaching the children, it's a pace program so your child could stay in the same book for months ,, no structure, no hands on learning. At the age of 3-4 I believe kids need a little more structure to get them ready for school!! The TV is always on to keep them quite , !

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach about integrity and character in class and also during chapel on Thursday. Also, the staff is very high calibur and has always looked out for my child.

LOVE THIS SCHOOL! My child started here in Kindergarten in November of 2010 and they did prorate the tuition (even though his teacher had a lot of catching up to do with him due to the months he missed). They keep their prices at a great cost! I've worked in the public school district in the past and Southland operates an outstanding program at a fraction of what public school receive per student. I pay just a little more than I was paying for just DAYCARE at public school! The curriculum is exceptional! My son learned cursive by the end of Kindergarten and was teaching his 2nd grade cousin! They do encourage giving for missions but it's not required....I actually like that aspect of the school. Haven't had any major problems k-5th grade. Situations have come up but the office was always very efficient and helpful. Good family, Christian environment!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

To begin, I have 1 child in the Preschool and another at the Elementary. Things I don't like about the preschool, the TV is always on, several occasions I have walked, different times of the day to see Scooby-Doo, barbie, and non-educational programs playing on the TV. Teachers are always yelling at the children and for the most part are always on time out. Fundraisers like crazy! The preschool director Betty in several occasions refers to the "elementary side" as unprofessional and unorganized, she said to me "good luck" the year my oldest was entering kindergarten and that brought uncertainty to me, now I know what she was talking about all this time!! Lunch program is horrible! My child in kindergarten says they watch TV all day too! They pride themselves in Private education then they should step up to it!

Southland Christian Academy is not what i expected. This school is totally centered around money. They do not prorate they require the full month plus registration regardless of when you start your child. They require you to sale when there is a fundraiser are you will be charged $50.00. They told my child every week to bring money for chapel on Thursdays. They sent home a small barrel to fill with spare change and return weekly. The lunch is not worth the cost. There is no library or gym. There is not enough room for certain extra curriculum classes. I chose spanish or drama for my son and he got aerobics with no explanation. My son was absence for several day due to me having surgery and no one from SCA called to find out why he was absence. The playground seem unsafe and everyday my child came home he complained of kids pushing and/or fighting. One staff in particular unapproachable

My son just finished Kinder here at SCA and I am THRILLED with this school! I can't say enough and I'm a little surprised to read a couple of the reviews here. The campus has been remodeled, they have it looking really nice, The teachers are Excellent! The office does seem busy but I appreciate they keep tuition low - I've compared it to nearby schools and this is definitely the best bang for my buck. I never had any trouble getting in touch with his teacher or the office. I would send a note in the morning, get a response the same day. Much different than my daughters school where we weren't allowed to step foot on the campus. I really appreciate the family atmosphere. My son loves going to school and I Love that!

I've had my daughter in SCA for the past 2 years, she's attended pre-k and kinder here. So far the education is great, she's reading and writing in cursive and I love the teachers. SCA offers extra-curricular programs that my daughter likes however this school has major faults, not a single person in the office (principal included) returns calls or forwards messages to the teachers. I literally had to stop my daughters teacher in the street after school one day to communicate with her. The lunch program is horrible, the food sounds good on the calendar but when you actually see it, it's burned and I understood why my daughter was so hungry after school. Also the person running the lunch program is rather unprofessional but she's a church member so they take up for her. I also don't like that after school the kinders are co-mingled with the older kids. There are only 3 after-school teachers watching kinders and middle-school kids, they need more help as that's when most kids get in mess. My daughter may have 1 more year here as I here the 1st grade teachers are good but after that we'll be heading out.

I'm not sure what some of these reviews are talking about- my child has been enrolled at Southland Christian Academy since preschool and is now in the 6th grade. I am SO proud of him and ALL he has learned at this school. The Principal is the pastors wife and was the Principal before the previous guy. I was So happy when she came back on full time! She is in the office everyday and I see her all the time, she is excellent and really loves the kids. They redid the computer lab this year, put a new roof on, they really keep it nice for the kdis. I am so thankful to this school because I am a single Mom and it gets hard but the school flat out says they are partners with me. I really feel like I have their help and support and together he is turning out to be a great young man. He has earned the Presidents Gold Award and A Honor roll every year since the 1st grade. I love this school and I'm so thankful they keep it affordable.

Pros: Best in academics..My son learnt a lot in Preschool and selected as exceptional student category. Teachers are really good. Ms.Betty director of Preschool is amazing person. They always spend time to talk about your kids which some school lacks. Cons: Need better and safe playground for kids

The school is great. My child has attended since Kindergarten and all is well. After reading reviews here I may consider withdrawing my child who is going to be in the upper grade levels this year. The parents are heavily involved. The Pastor's wife is the principal of the school and I'm not sure how many years of experience she had in school administration prior to becoming the school principal. The previous principal we would see often and heavily involved. He greeted every parent and student at the gate every morning. You rarely see this new principal except for special events.

Last modified Southland Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8