Bellflower, CA

Posted February 22, 2014
St. Dominic Savio is a great school. Children who go to this school often get their choice of acceptance into whatever Catholic High School they please. After the change of leadership, that school and student are thriving. I graduated from there last year and have two other siblings currently attending. With the new principal, the kids are encourages to eat healthy and dedicate themselves to their studies. From experience, high schools are more than pleased with any student who comes from Savio. One of the best all-male high schools sits right next to them and all boys are encouraged to apply. SJHS, an all-girl school, is also impressed with the quality of students from Savio. All freshman honors classes currently have at least 4 Savio students.

Posted December 10, 2013
My daughter just graduated and went on to SJHS. She had an awesome experience here as part of the SDS Family. My 2 sons now attend and we have a new principal who is addressing previous issues. So it's only getting better! Solid teaching staff.

St. Dominic Savio 1

Posted June 17, 2013
As a previous alumni and current parent of a student I was devastated to find out about the misappropriation of funds by the principal. This is inexcusable. I will be moving my children to another school.

Posted March 09, 2012
I would of rated this school much higher if it was not for the principal. Sister josefine she lacks common sense, leadership and is not supportive of her teachers. Class sizes are 40 plus in all grades way over the national average. The teachers work hard to reach each kid but too many to reach. My kids have been going there for years When the former principal sister Barbara was there. The VP ms.alcala is very caring she should be running this school. I keep my kids enrolled because the teachers are amazing and the school is next to st John Bosco high school. Makes it easy to drop off both my kids. The teachers are amazing they go above and beyond there responsibilities which shows they care for each student. I recommend mrs Watson, ms.binder, ms.Guerrero, and ms.Aguilar. also the front office secretaries are a delight and always very helpful.

Posted December 06, 2011
We have put four kids through this school and all four have now graduated from college. Two of the four have doctoral degrees. Even more than academics, however, has been the school's contribution to their character development. As the saying goes, it was an advantage for life and has helped shaped them into the wonderful and caring people they are. Being run by the Salesians, the religious and lay staff of the school are supremely dedicated to the youth they are charged with. We're hoping someday our grandchildren will go there!

Posted May 14, 2011
I send my child here and she is graduating this year and I can say that she is, because of this school, a well rounded individual. The 8th grade teacher, Ms. Binder, has been teaching 8th grade at this school for 12 years and does a great job at it because she gives the children a good taste of what high school will be like and both the children and the parents love her. All of the other teachers are great and even though most of their standards are very high they give the child enough encouragement to get them there. You will be surprised at how much your child will flourish academically. The only bad thing about this school is the principal, Sr. Josephine. I with a lot of the other parents think she is really only fit to be a teacher nothing more. She is always gone and she does things with the money that aren't really of the most importance like when we needed new bathrooms she used that money to buy more computers in addition to the 30 that the school already i the computer lab. She is just very flaky. I know it seems like that is such a big thing but once you go there and you see the children interacting and the teachers you realize what a great school it truly is.

St. Dominic Savio 2

Posted February 03, 2011
Having my kids in private school was very important to me because I wanted to make sure they had a smaller class size in hopes they would have more one on one attention. If thats what you're looking for then DON'T send your child to this school. Each class has way too many kids per teacher. Public schools even limit the amount of kids per class so why doesn't a private school? they continually increase tuition and have nothing to show for it. There are no music classes or anything of that nature. Don't get me started on the sad sports program they have. I would not recommend this school if anything mentioned above is important to you.

Posted October 01, 2010
Savio can be $$$ but it's worth it...teachers are competent and encourage parent/teacher relationship. I am very happy with my investment for my three children.

Posted October 10, 2009
The parent involvement is top notch at this school. The teachers are great and strive to teach to high academic standards. They go above and beyond. Ms. Guerrero is an excellent teacher and the school should be proud to have someone of her caliber. She gives her time and patience to each of her 40+ students. wow. Sister Barbara was a strong leader however she no longer is the principal. Overall excellent school.

St. Dominic Savio 0

Posted September 30, 2009
I have two of my sons at Savio and the education that they are receiving is wonderful not only education wise but safe wise also.

St. Dominic Savio