Beverly Hills, CA

Posted July 28, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers are very fond and caring of their students, and they will put aside extra time to work with them afterschool. I am entering 8th grade, and I can say that both the elementary and middle school teachers are really great. Although located in Beverly Hills, there aren't any snobbish, rude people (to my extent of knowledge). The peers are all gentle and kind, and I admit, it is pretty hard to squeeze in socially if new,(it usually takes months to even a year for newcomers to feel finally at ease) but after that it would be like nothing has changed. The arts and especially the music program is advanced, with educated and fair teachers. There are plenty of other extracurricular events to choose from, from technology to student govt. to sports. The honors system is pretty advanced and distinguished from the regular classes. This is a great school... I can't even imagine leaving it for high school after the end of 8th grade! I will miss it terribly. :-(

Beverly Vista Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
the review i posted just a day ago disappeared... hmmm, was it because it was negative???

Beverly Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Principle has been calling police social services and detectives on parents when they pick up kids. He wont let parents of special needs students volunteer. He puts good reviews on himself and plays favoritism with the affluent locals because he grew up in Beverly Hills. Its a clique and administration bullies newcomers renters and low income kids. Kids don't learn much and compete on material lots of bullying from kids parents and teachers.

Posted April 07, 2014
Don't listen to the bad reviews about the school from the parents! I currently attend Beverly Vista and the problems i hear them talk about never actually happen in school, there are no rich parents that don't want to see a lot of homework, the principal does have authority, and it is very easy to make friends. When i first joined the school i was a little intimidated, but quickly made lots of friends and got used to the school. Although someone mentioned that the two different math classes they offer are the same, it is completely false. The honors program learns much more challenging stuff at a faster pace and is only there for people that are up for a challenge. All the teachers there know how to teach and are very talented at it, so I learn a lot at the school. The school has a much higher standard than every other school i have gone to, which makes school a challenge, but also fun. I am very pleased with the school and I am happy i am attending it.

Posted April 02, 2014
One would expect from a school in Beverly Hills to be at the leading edge when it comes to education, especially when there is no shortage of money! All though a nice,safe campus, the quality of education is way bellow other schools! There's schools in poorer areas with way better prepared teachers than Beverly Vista! Another part of the problem are the rich influent parents who don't want to see a lot of homework , effectively sabotaging the teaching process, puling the whole school down. The nail in the coffin is the weak principal, who doesn't have a lot of authority. What a shame!

Beverly Vista Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2013
Beverly Vista- The teachers in the eight grade are extremely tough on grading. Especially the social studies teacher who barely taught us anything. The English teacher is amazing! She taught me so many little tricks and things to remember in grammar and while reading Julius Caesar, she also pretty much gave us the tools to succeed. However, the chemistry/ physics teacher is by far the hardest teacher and course. The math teacher, also like the English teacher, is great.

Posted November 15, 2012
ohoh teacher Lisa suddenly gone from the pre K room, no explanation given, she was only reason why we kept our son there, we are leaving...he keeps crying

Posted September 21, 2012
Our child started BV this year in the 7th grade after having been attending a provate school. I was really disappointed by the lack of math classes available for students to take. My friends daughter attends an LAUSD public middle school and she is also in the 7th grade. She was placed in an Algebra class based on her test scores. At BV there are only 2 different math classes for 7th graders, and essentialy both are the same. This si very disappointing that there are not more options for high achieving students. I was also disapponted by the lack of focus on the standards at Back To School Night presentation. The majority of teachers only spoke about homework, not the standards and how my child is being prepared for the next grade level and for high school. Kudos to the PE teachers as they were the only ones who spoke about state testing and how they are assisting the students in meeting the standards.

Beverly Vista Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2012
My daughter has entered this school this year as a 7th grader. One month has passed, and no one will talk to her. Everyday whenever she comes from school, she tells me, "Mom, today I have talked to a lot of people and tried to be friends, but they will not be friends with me." Before she came to this school, I have heard that the students at the school, will leave behind new students, but I thought that my daughter since my daughter was optimistic, she would be fine. But ever since my daughter attended this school, she became sad and depressed. I think I really regret my daughter coming to this school, and I believe it is my biggest mistake I have made for my daughter. I have also heard that another new student like my daughter had the same problem. Next year she will be moving to a new school. I am also thinking to move next year.

Posted August 14, 2012
the pre K is tops with teacher Lisa there; she has a great reputation in Beverly Hills as a caring ,giving and knowledgeable teacher;she gave our chid a great start last year; she has alot of education but doesn't advertise that;we like the location and safety and cleanliness of the school. Our son will be there this upcomiong year as long as teacher Lisa is there!

Beverly Vista Elementary School
200 South Elm Drive, Beverly Hills, CA  90212
Last modified Beverly Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beverly Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top