Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Posted March 16, 2016
Over the past 5 years that my children have attended Fanning, I have experienced the amazing community that is Fanning. The principal is active all day throughout the school. The teachers work closely together to ensure our children make seamless transitions yearly. The school was also recently updated and has some of the most current technology out there. I'm always very proud to say that my children attend Fanning. We actually moved into this neighborhood specifically for this school, and couldn't be happier with our decision.

Posted March 07, 2016
Mrs. Metcalf is a very visible principal who is always friendly with the students and parents. She will often visit the classrooms just to say hello and see how everyone is doing. My son is in the second grade and so far we have had a great experience with all the teachers. The front office staff are always friendly and willing to help out. The PTA takes great pride in their fundraising activities. This year, they introduced Watch Dogs which allows the fathers to become more involved in the school. I would highly recommend Fanning Elementary to anyone who is considering schools for their children.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 22, 2016
Mrs. Metcalf is the rock of this school! She has a vision of all Fanning can be, and she is actively striving to improve the school and her students all the time!

Posted February 22, 2016
Fanning is a family of students, teachers and staff who have high expectations for each other. The teachers promote technology across all areas of curriculum and the principal encourages school spirit with several programs. Fanning is a wonderful school that prepares its students well for their futures!

Posted February 22, 2016
Fanning has given both my children and excellent education. The teachers do an amazing job engaging the students through activities, technology and class assignments. The school administration is dedicated each child's success and well being. Every conversation that happens starts with how does this help our students. The PTA is very active in adding quality programs to the students experience and engaging families in the process.

William E. Fanning Elementary School 2

Posted October 16, 2014
Horrible experience at Fanning, my son's first grade teacher was a nightmare! She didn't have any interest in the children excelling, and seemed very non-interested over all. She was leaving the school before I was getting there to pick up my son after school. Many children mentioned that she was always yelling at them.

Posted August 29, 2013
Fanning is a wonderful school! We have a new prinicpal that has brought new energy and a desire to make the school the best it can be! She is very present in our school's community and sends weekly emails to keep all parents in the loop of what is going on. The teachers are experienced, open minded and show dedication to their students. The PTA try's to enrich the student's experience by seeking out activities for students such as art and music programs and providing additional educational support in the classroom. Fanning has a group of several parent volunteers but more parental involvement would be helpful. Overall, this school is exceptional and will only be improving each year to come!

Posted December 07, 2012
My son started Kindergarten here at Fanning this year and I am glad I choose this school. I am zoned for another school in the Brea district but transferred to this school because of the great reviews I have heard from other parents. My son and I both love his teacher and I feel like she really cares about the kids education. I love that its a smaller school and I really like the residential location of the school. I have had a great experience so far! I hear great things about the other teachers from other parents and look forward to the coming years here at Fanning.

Posted October 28, 2008
Was, and could be again, a great school. The Principal is weak and the staff have no leadership. There is no program for gifted students and it is no coincidence that their test scores have fallen behind as far as the district goes. The school has a wonderful library, but no librarian...the resource is wasted.

Posted January 16, 2006
I am impressed with the quality of academic disciplines.

650 North Apricot, Brea, CA  92821-3501
Last modified William E. Fanning Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.