Posted September 22, 2014
I am very disheartened to leave a bad review of Marsh Creek Elementary. After four years and sending two kids here I can only say good things about three faculty members. Most of the teachers we have been in contact with as well as the principal are concerned mainly with saving the school from lawsuits rather than actually helping a special needs child. We have two special needs children and have had to fight tooth and nail to get them the help they are required to receive by law. Principal Dalfonsi is the biggest disappointment. My initial meetings with her led me to think she actually cared... and she does, for the school itself, not the students. This is the classic case of a public school that wants to shovel kids through as long as the meet the very minimal of standards. If you have a choice go to Pioneer or Krey or anywhere else.

Posted August 29, 2014
I absolutely love Marsh Creek Elementary School! Everyone that works here has a heart of gold and I can't say anything bad about them. Mrs. D'Alfonsi knows every student and they get excited that she knows their name. The office ladies are so helpful and always welcomes me with a smile. My son has had Mrs. Fuson for Kindergarten, Mrs. Sweeney for first and has Mrs. Mills for second. He's learned so much from all three of them! I'm happy to say that they have all made a great impression on my son and he strives to do his best because of them. I'm happy to say that Marsh Creek is our school!

Marsh Creek Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2012
I am proud to be a teacher at Marsh Creek School. Our staff is at this school because we chose to be here and love the school community. Our families are hard working and are very interested in their child's success. The staff also works long hours to provide the best education for the students. Our API and CST scores continue to grow every year. Go Hawks!

Marsh Creek Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2012
Congratulations Marsh Creek School on the impressive rise of CST scores each and every year! With dedicated staff and caring families working together, our students are on the path to success.

Marsh Creek Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2012
The principal is a mess and lacks leadership. The scores have gone done, and the kids who excel don't get challenged enough, they just get pushed aside. The principal doesn't support her students enough. She should have been in politics because she tells you what you want to hear, yet does what she wants in the end.

Posted April 07, 2012
My son went here for kindergaten and we were very dipleased with the school. I have heard through the grapevine that this school gets all the teachers that no other school wants and after my experiance I totally believe this-though I do know of a few good teachers that work here too/ just more bad than good.

Posted December 26, 2011
I am the parent of 3 children that attend MC grades K, 2nd and 5th. My second oldest child greatly benefited from the reading intervention classes, and another one of my children even placed out of speech therapy class thanks to early intervention. There is even a great after school program free of charge for families in need of childcare that isn't offered at any other Brentwood school in the district. The curriculum is good and if your child isn't being challenged enough, I have found teachers to offer optional extra assignments. A school is more than test scores and the break down of ethnic groups it is about the learning environment and family support. My children are happy and look forward to going to school every day at Marsh Creek.

Posted May 12, 2011
My children have only been at Marsh Creek for 7 months, they transferred from highly rated to schools on the other side of the county. I was a little hesitant with the reviews and word of mouth. However I have found Marsh Creek to be a good school. The teachers are very caring. I like the character/esteem building and reward programs they have in place. There is a large ESL population, but the school seems to have strong programs in place to support that population of students. Marsh Creek has had steady improvement in their test scores. I would like to see improvement in providing a greater challenge to children who are above average. I would also like to see greater parent participation.

Posted April 20, 2010
My child has attended this school for 3 years and we have had the worst experience ever. The teachers he has had does not seem to care when a child has a learning problem. When the issue was brought to the principal he just showed that he did not care about the students' for he did nothing but refer me back to the teacher who informed me that she did not have time for my child who was having a hard time understanding his school and homework. It seems that all the principal cares about is increasing his test scores. I hate that we even moved to this area because of this school.

Posted July 28, 2009
I am very pleased with the school. They have wonderful and caring teachers... Their staff and principal are very friendly and attentive; GO HAWKS!!!

Marsh Creek Elementary School
601 Grant Street, Brentwood, CA  94513
Last modified Marsh Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marsh Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top