Brisbane, CA

Posted November 05, 2014
Lipman is a small middle school with a tight community and fantastic staff and teachers. From an academic standpoint, my son was extremely well prepared for high school. He's pulling straight A's in his freshman year and was able to bypass freshman math completely. The school provided a very well rounded, supportive education, and helped him to excel in the subjects he was least comfortable in (Language arts and writing).

Lipman Middle School 1

Posted February 01, 2014
this school sucks. Children can only go to the restroom 9 times a year. The work is way behind my child is getting 3rd grade work. When she is in sixth grade. Don't go here it is awful.

Lipman Middle School 3

Posted January 13, 2014
This is a small school that is located on the top of an inaccessible steep hill in the middle of a really small town. Children from this town of brisbane and also children from Daly City go to Lipman, but it is mostly brisbane students. This school is very old fashioned, especially in the annual school play, which goes on a cycle from My Fair Lady to The Music Man and other boring stories that none of the students or parents can relate to. The school's love of homework over school breaks (in 6th grade i had to do 15 hours of math over the summer) is annoying to parents, while their policy of Physical Education class being scheduled almost every day for all students is annoying to girls who don't want to wear sports shoes every day. The students are friendly, and so are many of the teachers, but Im not so sure about this school.

Posted June 24, 2009
I love going to school because everyone knows everyone and is freinds with eachother.

Lipman Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2009
I'm a former student who believes that Lipman did not do a good job preparing me for high school. I'm sure it did a good job for preparing students for the local public high schools, but it was a huge leap for me to go from Lipman to a private high school with very high standards. First of all, I had no assistance in applying for private high schools in 8th grade. I know that many other schools in the Bay Area do help kids apply to private high schools and some even give a holiday for when the acceptance letters arrive. I was definitely not prepared academically. Especially in Math, Science and English. I had to re-take Algebra my freshman year. In Lipman, there was almost no analytical writing for English. The teachers at LMS were good, but the pace was too slow and the coursework not high quality.

Lipman Middle School 4

Posted January 24, 2009
Im an 8th grader. I think this school gives a great education and has a lot of activities I've made alot of friends and the teachers are really supportive. The only thing I disagree with is some of the principals policies which kept me from putting this at 5 stars. Our grade aren't real distant from each other like u see in other schools. Everyone knows each other pretty well and everyone (mostly) is really nice and friendly. Go Lipman Warriors! P.S watch this years play Maybe Tomorrow!

Posted October 21, 2007
I LOVEEE LMS. I think it's a really fun and safe place to go to and you feel real comfortable over there. I like it way more than Westborough, my old school. Everyones so friendly, including the teachers.GO LIPMAN!

Posted October 21, 2007
LIPMAN MIDDLE SCHOOL RULES :D the years i had at lipman middle school were really justt awesome. the teachers were there to support you with every struggle you have. Lipman is like my second home and i feel really safe there. even though some of the projects there were really challenging i learned a lot from them. :P. well ill never forget lipman WHOO HOO I LOVEE YOU LIPMANNNN

Posted February 02, 2007
I always appreciated the quality education and atmosphere that my son experienced at Lipman, however, now that he is in high school I appreciate his middle school experience even more. It turns out that he has a mild learning disability which, although we saw signs of it during middle school, became more pronounced once he left Lipman. Their integrated thematic instruction (ITI) approach teaches to different learning styles and it really made a difference for him. The teachers were very caring and easy to communicate with. I wish Brisbane had a high school that followed the same approach!

Posted June 28, 2006
Lipman rocks. The teachers are great and I learned alot from them this year. I felt as if our grade got closer this year. Great job to the volleyball team who got in FIRST place this year. Go Warriors. And I also thank the parents for voting back our art and music program. Also thanks to Ms. Boland and Co. for the great musical this year (The Music Man). Props to the 2005-06 teachers Ms. Wussow and Mr. Hoaglund for a great job of teaching us and an even better job of making this a great year.

Lipman Middle School
1 Solano Street, Brisbane, CA  94005
Last modified Lipman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lipman Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top