Buena Park, CA

San Marino Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2013
Both of our children attend San Marino. It is a school with no perks. Our PTA leaves much to be desired. The school lacks family participation. Pretty boring school. My cheif complaint would have to be the lack of any cross guards during drop off and pick up hours. It is very dangerous when you are walking near the school parking lot. We have almost been hit on three different occasions. They are finally putting up cones but that is it. I guess a child has to get injured before our school sees it fit to do more. So sad.

San Marino Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2012
I am a former student, I graduated 6th grade in 1996, and I have to say that I absolutely loved the school. The principal was amazing, and so were the majority of teachers. I am writing a review because I have a child now and would love to send him to this school, However... I do wish that Mrs. Singleton not be his teacher. She was very Authoritarian... and (at least for myself and my classmates) displayed warmth dimension dissatisfaction. She gave me low grades because my writing was "too small" or thought my mother did my homework. She made me dislike school, all I have to say is thank god for Walker Middle School teachers (Mr. Zahn specifically) for re-instilling my love for learning. Also Mr. Adair at Kennedy

Posted March 21, 2012
I am a daycare provider and have noticed that my students who attend San Marino have very high test scores. Excellent school and the teachers are great!

San Marino Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2011
My daughter has been going here since 1st grade(she is now in 5th) and I am not very happy with some of the teachers. Her fifth grade teacher was the most rude, patronizing, and plain meanest teacher I have ever encountered. So much so that I had to have Mr. Helms change her out to another teacher and report her to the superintendant. This woman humilated and ridiculed my daughter to the point of tears, and this incredibly, was in front of me. Imagine how she treated her when I wasnt there. Then she had the nerve to complain that my daughter didnt say thank you when she complimented her one time. Also the school staff does not seem very organized, cancelling events at the last minute, telling parents about events at the last minute, etc. They dont seem to realize that some people need more than a few days time to get time off from work, etc. No, overall I am unhappy with this school although the front office staff is very nice.

San Marino Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2010
I am a father who's child goes to kindergarten in this school. I am dissatisfied and frustrated with his teacher and leadership in this school. They do not seem to deal well with divorced parents. communication with me as a parent is non existant, I have to continuously asked for his homework assignments and any paperwork from the teacher and front office. Even after sitting down with the principal who made promises that were not kept. The teacher is cold and aloof to me even after I spoke to him about my divorced situation and my wilingness to volunteer and become more involved in my son's education. I have custody of my son half the time but this school treats me like a weekend father who has no rights to his son.

Posted November 25, 2009

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009

San Marino Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2009
This is the last year my oldest child will be here at San Marino. My son is in 5th grade and my youngest daughter now in 2nd grade. I have to say that I love this school. Mr. Helms has always taken pride in his school and his kids. He works with parents to try and do the best for all involved. I will be sad to see my oldest go off to Jr. High next year but I can say that I am happy that she has gone here. All of my kids test scores have risen and I feel that San Marino has given them a competitive edge on their education. Continue the great work San Marino.

San Marino Elementary School 0

Posted June 10, 2009
My child had Mrs. Singleton for third grade this year and I cannot believe how far she has come in her writing and her math. This school has very caring teachers and a wonderful curriculum. The staff is terrific!

San Marino Elementary School
6215 San Rolando Way, Buena Park, CA  90620
Last modified San Marino Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Marino Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top