Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Lincoln has a wonderful community of parents and teachers that have one common goal- educating and preparing children to be successful in the future. Lincoln is a warm and friendly environment, that includes passionate teachers and involved parents. Most kids walk to school and live close to the campus which fosters a tight community. I think kids and parents equally adore this school and the community around it.

Several of the teachers do not know how to treat the ENTIRE school building with respect. They fail to realize that other staff members have just as much education, if not more. One of the foundations of a successful school is collaboration and a good portion of the teachers here do not take this to heart. Really sad that they do not "lower" themselves to talk to everyone in the building. Guys, you are here for the kids, not making yourself feel better.

My son was put with a 2nd grade teacher who had 1 yr tenure, no prior wrk w/children. I witnessed her yell at her class after recess. She held her hands up w/palms facing the children. "Your in my space, your in my space!" She would arrive after the bell rang. I witnessed other teachers take her class to her class door. My son, who was a high energy boy, was made to turn his table around & face the wall. I was not allowed to speak to any of the many different aids the school provided on any given day. My son developed nervous ticks, constantly clearing his throat. & chewing on his sleeve. This teacher who had no personal knowledge or compassion for child behavior, complained about throat clearing to me, telling me he was disruptive. I witnessed this same teacher yell at parents. one parent reported her to the school dist. My child no longer goes here. After 1 week of being in a new school, his nervous tick's went away & have never returned. He plays w/children that go to Lincoln & does home wrk w/them. I was amazed at how advance my son was in math at grade 3 then his friends in grade 5. I hope parents who are thinking of going here do their research.

Nestled in the middle of a neighborhood of narrow tree lined streets, the setting of Lincoln sets the tone for a close-knit community feel with high parent and community involvement. The location also encourages a "walk to school" atmosphere that is such a positive force that brings people together unlike many other schools in California. Most importantly, the quality of education and teachers is first rate and the new principal has injected a little more vibrance vs the prior one, who retired but was also very good. When your children are overjoyed with excitement in going to school everyday and coming out of class with huge smiles on their faces, you know everyone is doing their job. Moreover, the school serves children from a variety socio-economic backgrounds (relatively speaking, for Burlingame) from very wealthy households to immigrants in nearby multifamily units, thereby exposing children to peers from different backgrounds. The test scores are very high, speaking to the quality of instruction serving these diverse needs. Student/teacher ratios are low, but the school is also big enough where all children can make friends with easy without getting lost in the shuffle.

hello .MY NAME IS ALEXANDRA ROJAS MY TWO DAUGTHER JUST STAR SCHOOL TODAY ,AND IT IS THE FIRST TIME I SEE THEM SOO EXITED BACK TO SCHOOL ,SABRINA QUINTERO TELL ME I HAVE THE BEST TEACHE EVER!! SHE IS SUPER ,THE BEST MY LITTLE ONE ALEXA IS HAPPY TO FIND HER FRIENDS THERE ..THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! FOR ALL YOU DO FOR OUR KIDS..THAN YOU ,THANK YOU!!

Great teachers and strong parent involvement combine to create a very positive school atmosphere. It helps, of course, that a number of affluent households in the area (of which are not one) have one parent available to get involved in school activities, fundraisers, etc. Our son has attended for the last three years and has benefited tremendously from being around generally great kids from good homes. We moved out of the uncertainty of the city in search of a good school district and we found it here. Best move we ever made.

Lincoln Elementary is an amazing place. My daughter is thriving, enjoying the fun and exciting curriculum that includes music and PE. Chorus and band are phenomenal. The reading and speech therapists make a positive impact. Finally, the principal holds the school together with her strong leadership.

My child has been tested by a private source outside the school every year and is a grade behind in reading and writing. The staff is giving good grades and telling me it's fine. I'm very disappointed that we are unable to get our basic needs met. This school has many great extracurricular activities that enrich the environment.

The school has a new principal this year, which has invigorated the staff and the parent community. Our wonderful school has gotten even better.

Lincoln Elementary is a wonderful school with great teachers and a friendly community spirit.

Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.