Burlingame, CA

Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2015
My son was put with a 2nd grade teacher who had 1 yr tenure, no prior wrk w/children. I witnessed her yell at her class after recess. She held her hands up w/palms facing the children. "Your in my space, your in my space!" She would arrive after the bell rang. I witnessed other teachers take her class to her class door. My son, who was a high energy boy, was made to turn his table around & face the wall. I was not allowed to speak to any of the many different aids the school provided on any given day. My son developed nervous ticks, constantly clearing his throat. & chewing on his sleeve. This teacher who had no personal knowledge or compassion for child behavior, complained about throat clearing to me, telling me he was disruptive. I witnessed this same teacher yell at parents. one parent reported her to the school dist. My child no longer goes here. After 1 week of being in a new school, his nervous tick's went away & have never returned. He plays w/children that go to Lincoln & does home wrk w/them. I was amazed at how advance my son was in math at grade 3 then his friends in grade 5. I hope parents who are thinking of going here do their research.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 05, 2014
Nestled in the middle of a neighborhood of narrow tree lined streets, the setting of Lincoln sets the tone for a close-knit community feel with high parent and community involvement. The location also encourages a "walk to school" atmosphere that is such a positive force that brings people together unlike many other schools in California. Most importantly, the quality of education and teachers is first rate and the new principal has injected a little more vibrance vs the prior one, who retired but was also very good. When your children are overjoyed with excitement in going to school everyday and coming out of class with huge smiles on their faces, you know everyone is doing their job. Moreover, the school serves children from a variety socio-economic backgrounds (relatively speaking, for Burlingame) from very wealthy households to immigrants in nearby multifamily units, thereby exposing children to peers from different backgrounds. The test scores are very high, speaking to the quality of instruction serving these diverse needs. Student/teacher ratios are low, but the school is also big enough where all children can make friends with easy without getting lost in the shuffle.

Posted August 26, 2014
hello .MY NAME IS ALEXANDRA ROJAS MY TWO DAUGTHER JUST STAR SCHOOL TODAY ,AND IT IS THE FIRST TIME I SEE THEM SOO EXITED BACK TO SCHOOL ,SABRINA QUINTERO TELL ME I HAVE THE BEST TEACHE EVER!! SHE IS SUPER ,THE BEST MY LITTLE ONE ALEXA IS HAPPY TO FIND HER FRIENDS THERE ..THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! FOR ALL YOU DO FOR OUR KIDS..THAN YOU ,THANK YOU!!

Posted April 22, 2012
Great teachers and strong parent involvement combine to create a very positive school atmosphere. It helps, of course, that a number of affluent households in the area (of which are not one) have one parent available to get involved in school activities, fundraisers, etc. Our son has attended for the last three years and has benefited tremendously from being around generally great kids from good homes. We moved out of the uncertainty of the city in search of a good school district and we found it here. Best move we ever made.

Posted June 29, 2011
Lincoln Elementary is an amazing place. My daughter is thriving, enjoying the fun and exciting curriculum that includes music and PE. Chorus and band are phenomenal. The reading and speech therapists make a positive impact. Finally, the principal holds the school together with her strong leadership.

Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2010
My child has been tested by a private source outside the school every year and is a grade behind in reading and writing. The staff is giving good grades and telling me it's fine. I'm very disappointed that we are unable to get our basic needs met. This school has many great extracurricular activities that enrich the environment.

Lincoln Elementary School

Posted October 14, 2008
The school has a new principal this year, which has invigorated the staff and the parent community. Our wonderful school has gotten even better.

Posted May 26, 2008
Lincoln Elementary is a wonderful school with great teachers and a friendly community spirit.

Posted May 02, 2008
What a great school with many activities for the students and families. The parent and staff involvement is wonderful. Very inclusive. We are a new Lincoln family so we are anxious to get to know the school even better. We definitely had a great first year at Lincoln. Kudos to staff and parents.

Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2008
Art program from district is a disappointment. It does not encourage any creativity or imagination from the students. All the art pieces look the same. It misses the whole point of doing art! PE is great! Principal lacks interpersonal skills. And the teachers do not welcome parent involvement in the classroom makes you wonder how far they will go in working with you. If fact, it's quite odd that a public school will try to exclude parents from helping out in the classroom. There are certainly better schools around.

Lincoln Elementary School
1801 Devereux Drive, Burlingame, CA  94010
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top