K-4|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 12, 2015
Carden Heights is a great school. I have gone there for many years and I love it there. All the students are so nice and the students are wonderful.

Posted May 04, 2015
We found Carden Heights Academy after a thorough search of pre-schools in the Camarillo, Oxnard, and Ventura areas. We new this was going to be our school after the first visit. We are extremely satisfied with our decision for the following reasons. Class size allows for individual attention for each child. The curriculum strikes the perfect balance between social development and academics. The dedication of the teaching staff truly has to be experienced to be understood, you will not find a more dedicated professional staff anywhere. A high point is the teaching in both English and Spanish, this sets a solid base for future language development. The music side of the curriculum is one of our daughters favorites , they have made music a fun experience for her. We have seen a vast improvement in our daughter's reasoning, logic, and communication skills. This is a direct result of the excellent education at Carden Heights.

Posted April 19, 2015
Carden Heights is an excellent school with a talented and dedicated staff. At the charter school she attended my daughter, because she is bright, was basically left to teach herself while the teachers dealt with more pressing issues. Here, she is challenged intellectually on a daily basis. Additionally, although the school is small, she couldn't be happier socially. All of the kids get along really well and play together like a big, extended family. We are so happy to have found this school.

Posted April 19, 2015
As someone who went through the public school system (I'm graduating this year) I cannot even compare the schools I went to with Carden. My younger brother goes here and the curriculum is by far the most logical I've seen. The learning is straightforward and effective; it focuses on critical thinking and analysis rather than the standard multiple choice. The teachers encourage and push the kids to reach their full potential without overwhelming them with workload. They are supportive and communicate with parents on a daily basis. The Carden community is warm and welcoming. I wish I had gone here as a kid and am so excited to see my brother grow both intellectually and as an individual at Carden.

Posted April 18, 2015
Carden Heights Academy is one of the sparkling gems we have in our community. It's not just that the class sizes are small and students receive individual attention from truly loving teachers all day long. It's not just that the learning is accelerated far beyond state standards and almost anything you'd care to mention for miles around. It's not just that students learn mathematics, English, history, literature (including the classics!), Spanish, music, art, computer education, and physical education. It's all that, for sure, but it's much more. It's an environment that feels and is like family. It's a place where children are shown how not just to be "smart," but also open-minded, open-hearted, intelligent, kind, concerned, aware, loving, hopeful, and good. They don't just learn the ABC's here, but, more importantly, the meaning of what they spell...the meaning of this journey called life. You will feel this immediately when you visit the academy. And you will know it once you and your child make it yours.

Posted April 28, 2014
Carden Heights Academy is a very unique school. Spanish is taught four days a week, so by kindergarden children are already getting comfortable in a second language. The teaching method at Carden is different than at other schools, so homework is rare in the elementary grades. No homework is a great thing! The small size of the school is a definite plus allowing teachers the opportunity to interact with students individually. Art and music are weekly classes that enhance the overall learning experience of our students. All grades, including preschool participate in learning recitations that are then recited at Friday morning assemblies. Extra activities include plays, musical performances, an annual speech tournament, and after school sports opportunities. My daughter is currently in 4th grade and she has attended Carden Heights Academy for three years. She says, "I still enjoy Carden as much today as I did on the first day I walked in the classroom." My daughter is happy with the school and so am I.

Posted April 28, 2014
Carden Heights of Camarillo is an exceptional academic institution at which to educate one's children. A critical precept of the Carden method is to teach to the child, not to the curriculum. The path of knowledge is not a train track with a cargo of children careening along according to a timetable. It is an intense toil of preparing a field of erstwhile confusion, sowing it with seeds of knowledge, and watering it with faith, encouragement, and love. It takes an exceptional gardener to lovingly plant these seeds into each child, not with indiscriminate uniformity, but with attention to and recognition of the unique soil in each child's heart and mind. This is precisely what the teachers and parents at Carden Heights of Camarillo do. And the results show -- HANDS DOWN THE BEST AND MOST SOLID EDUCATION in the kingdom--MIND, BODY, AND HEART.

Posted April 12, 2014
Carden Heights Academy of Camarillo is a great school for families looking for a rich academic environment with both classroom and experiential learning. The children are taught problem solving and critical thinking skills. There are numerous enrichment programs both during the school day and through on-site after school programs. I encourage families to look into this amazing school and discover the benefits this curriculum can bring to your child.

Posted April 08, 2014
We have two sons attending Carden Heights Academy of Camarillo (KDG & 2nd grade). We can't say enough positive things about the school: it is nonsectarian, it has incredibly small class sizes which allow for a tremendous amount of individualized attention, a well thought out patented curriculum, a nurturing & respectful environment grounded in old fashioned manners, it introduces foreign language in KDG, public speaking is fostered via weekly poetry recitations from Kindergarten onward, it has dedicated & caring leadership, the teachers are gifted, committed & experienced and they still take pride in their craft. Carden also has wonderful after school enrichment programs: art, soccer, gymnastics. This is our 5th year at a Carden School. My husband is a Carden school alumnus. My mother-in-law was a Carden school teacher. We truly believe in the quality and content of this curriculum. It allows a student to learn discernment and develop critical thinking.

Posted September 15, 2013
My children flourish at the Carden Heights Academy and I couldn't be more pleased with their school The other great reviews I've read about it here are true. It's a caring community with great teachers. Carden educated kids average 2 grade levels ahead of their peers. Their curriculum includes studies of classical literature, grammar, advanced mathematics, science, Spanish, computers, PE, and amazing art and music instruction. I love that they also teach manners and kindness is incorporated into the curriculum. When I asked my oldest son what he thought about the school he spelled N-I-C-E. He then explained that everyone was so nice and that there is no bullying here. When I asked my youngest son what he thought, he said "It's fun!" What more could I ask for? Another thing I love about it is it fits well with my spiritual beliefs. I want my children to learn to love & accept all people regardless of their separate beliefs. While Carden is not religious, I love that Christians, Catholics, Mormons, and people off all different beliefs come together and say prayers and affirmations to the same God every morning. I also love that the kids do volunteering with the school.

Carden Heights School