Posted September 24, 2013
We moved to this area because of the schools. When my daughter started we went through a few different principles in the first few years. A little rough! Then along came Mr. Hines a past teacher from a sister school. He has changed our school in every way. It is now the best school and a very pleasant school to be at. He knows all the kids and greets them as they get to school. He is still with us and hope he stays. Couldn't ask for a better principal and a better school!!

Posted September 23, 2013
Magnolia is a fantastic small school in the heart of Old Carlsbad! We have experienced teachers, involved parents, and many extra enriching educational programs such as Art, PE, Garden, Science Day and many more that our parents support. Under Mr. Hines' phenomenal leadership our little school has made leaps and bounds. Only greater things to come in this school's future.

Posted January 25, 2013
My daughter is currently half way through her kindergarten year! She has been so excited to go to school everyday and is always disappointed when it isn't a school day... As a teacher (in another district), I have been very impressed with all the technology that the students and staff members have access to, how many "extras" they squeeze in every week (art, music, PE, etc.), and the wonderful community feel that the school has! We have been very happy with our daughter's first elementary school experience and can't wait for our younger daughters to join her!

Posted October 22, 2012
This school is absolutely amazing! From the moment we stepped on campus the first day of school, to back to school night, to my sons teacher Mrs Henken and the charismatic Principal Hines I have been so incredibly impressed with the warmth and enthusiasm of this sweet little school. It really is a little gem in the middle of old Carlsbad. It is small, clean and has a great history as I've been told it's the oldest school in Carlsbad. The parents and kids I pass everyday are friendly and you can tell take pride in being Lions. The best part of all though is that my son comes home from school everyday and says school is a blast! I am so thankful to be part of the Magnolia community.

Posted May 21, 2012
We love Magnolia! My son has been at this school for two years now and I have nothing but great things to say. The teachers are great! The academics are strong and the principal is a strong leader. The school is small and has a strong community feel. I'm very happy we have this great school in our neighborhood.

Posted May 01, 2010
We just received the California 'Distinguished School' award. Magnolia rocks!

Posted November 06, 2009
Magnolia is a fantastic school with outstanding teachers and an incredible principal. We couldn't be happier. Mr. Hines knows my child and his door is always open. He is an incredible leader and has superb people skills. GO MAGNOLIA!!

Posted June 08, 2009
A special thanks to our new school principal, Mr. Hines! You are awesome, we needed someone grand to guide this great school for our children!!

Posted February 05, 2009
This is our first year for our daughter and it is turning out to be a fabulous school. The teacher's and principal, especially, are very in tune to teaching a robust academic program. Keep it up! Mr. Hines is really going the extra mile to make a great program. It may be an old building, with changes coming, but it's all about parent imvolvement and learning.

Posted January 29, 2009
Very dedicated and experienced staff combined with a nurturing environment. There are plenty of staff that will take a sincere interest in your child's development. It's better than most private schools my kids have been enrolled in in NY.

Magnolia Elementary School
1905 Magnolia Avenue, Carlsbad, CA  92008
Last modified Magnolia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top