No rating

Victory Christian School

Private | 7-12 | 162 students

Living in Carmichael

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $190,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted April 30, 2014

This school does not advertise so you will not see a lot of information about Victory Christian School. The school is faith based and has high academic standards. If you are thinking about sending your child/children to this school, call today and take a tour and visit with other parents. You won't be disappointed.

Posted March 11, 2013

I homeschooled until high school and heard how much the teachers care about the students at this school. It's difficult to go from being so involved with your child/student to letting someone(s) else do all the teaching/training. However the staff at VCS made that transition so easy. There were many hurdles, esp.. learning how to study for tests and quizzes weekly as VCS follows a traditional teaching style. The change has proved valuable for our child and we plan to enroll each of our other children as they enter high school. They have a 'bridge' program if you homeschool but don't want to tackle the harder subjects for high school and can enroll your child for 1 or 6 classes depending on your desires and needs. The teachers really do care so much and a couple of them had my husband in tears as they talked about our child in the parent/teacher conferences. No place on earth is perfect but VCS is exactly the school we'd heard it was and we're very pleased with the level of care, the commitment to academic excellence, the quality of the students, and the way the staff will work with each parent to make this a great experience and education for their children.

Posted February 3, 2012

I can't say enough positive about this school! Loving, caring teachers, high standards, small class size, Christ centered, this school is all of these and more. I have three children, two have graduated from Victory and one is a Senior and my husband and I have never regretted the investment we have made in their education. It is a true blessing to not have to worry about the safety of your child or what they are learning. Victory ranks among the top in the country on SAT and ACT scores and on standardized testing for elementary ages. I would highly recommend this school to any Christian family who wants the best for their kids. Worth the investment!

Posted December 5, 2011

Both of our boys go to Victory and we are very pleased by the love and care that each students recieves. They love them as Christ loves them! They are very happy at Victory and know the teachers and administration cares about their walk. They are academically thriving and I can't think of a better way for our family to spend our money. It is nice to be at a school that welcomes God and praises Him.

Posted November 22, 2011

I had both my children going to VC. My daughter is thriving in 2nd grade. My son is in 6th and we had to move him back to public school because the teacher was too nit picky and out of touch with the students. When he moved to a public school, they were doing the same curriculum as VC was doing...why was I spending all that money to have him go to a private school? If looking for a private school...know this one is very fundamental in its religious beliefs and rules.

Posted March 16, 2010

My children have been attending this school since kindergarten and have enjoyed the experience. The teachers on both the elementary campus as well as the high school campus care about the students, are educated in their field, and are very approachable when help is needed. SAT testing has proven that level of education they are receiving has kept them in step and more, with both private and public schools across the nation. We are very pleased with this school and recommend it regularly to our friends and aquaintances

Posted January 14, 2010

I have been impressed with the quality of the academics at Victory, combined with the love that teachers show for their students. Very impressive!

Posted September 21, 2007

Both of my boys are attending this school and I have had nothing but good feedback from them and I am very happy with both principals and have had great interaction with their teachers when needed. The teachers seem to love what they do and are doing it unto the Lord. The children are safe on the school grounds as the campus staff is very safety conscience and aware of what is going on at all times. Parents are kind and helpful and we will probably be sending our 3 year old there when the time comes for her to start school.

Posted August 11, 2007

My family and I have been involved with VCS for 15 years, and it has been a wonderful experience. My husband and I like most families have children that are very different in their learning styles , and never have I had a teacher compare them. We have experienced grace and genuine concern for our whole family, not just our children. Nope it's not perfect, but show me a church or school where people are involved that is. My husband would not have worked countless hours of overtime to send our children there if we did not love it. My daughter is entering her jr. year @ a academically challenging Christian university where she is a A student, I asked if she felt VCS did a good job preparing her she said'I think they over prepared me':) Our last child is finishing this year, it will be very hard to leave. Heidi White

Posted May 7, 2007

I would never send my child to school here. The major reason is because the school is very judgmental. Buyer Beware.

Posted April 24, 2007

With over 20 year's experience with VCS, we have found the teachers and staff professional, very caring, and earnestly desiring to show Christ's love to the students. Our children have gotten excellent educations, preparing them well for college and for life. They have been regularly challenged to commit and spend their lives for Christ, His Kingdom and people. We would recommend Victory heartily to any parent who wants their child to receive a great, Christ-centered education in a loving and caring atmosphere.

Posted December 23, 2006

There is nothing good to say about this school. I don't mean to sound to overly dramatic but I would never send my children there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 26, 2004

I cannot say enough good about VCS. My children have been there since 2002. After a bad experience with what I thought was a good school, I was most skeptical. Three minutes on campus with Mrs. Marques shattered all of my doubts and fears. She loves what she does, she knows the heart of your child, she knows them by name and brings out the very best in all around her. She has surrounded herself with a staff of people who share her passion for the kids and academic excellence all centered on Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that when my children come home they have experienced God's love and have had the same values instilled as we have in our home. VCS is an extraordinary extension of our home. God blessed us with a Christ-centered, academic facility for our children.

Ethnicity This school

• Christian
Associations
  • AACS
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3045 Garfield Avenue