Castaic, CA
Students enrolled: 1,079

Posted July 10, 2012
My child has just finished her middle school experience at Castaic MIddle school. She loved it. It is located in a safe neighborhood and she loved the teachers, kids, and going to school. The staff and princinpal and the teacher's were helpful, nice, and easy to contact. You know some parents' complain because their kids are brats, and they think everyone should cater to them. I say if you have a kid who is misbehaved...well... don't send them to CMS. This is for kids who are serious about learning and being good community members. My daughter had a safe memorable experience.

Posted January 18, 2012
I had heard some negative things about CMS before my child started this school and was nervous about him going here. He had attended a charter school for two year prior and had fell way behind. I knew when I put him back in public schools it would be difficult. I knew my child had some learning difficulties and thought maybe the charter school would be a better fit but it was not. I have to say I was am surprised and grateful at how helpful CMS has been in helping me address the issues with my child. All of the teachers and staff have been so supportive. I love the office staff Linda and Maureen (hope I spelled her name correctly ). My child is learning and growing at this school. He likes the school even though he probably is doing 10 times the work that he was doing at the Charter School.

Castaic Middle School 1

Posted March 09, 2011
this school i believe is very bad my daughter went there and they just keep passing her whether she is learning anything or not

Posted December 15, 2010
I love this school, my child is so happy there an has learned so much. They offer after school tutoring 2 days a week for free and anyone having problems with homework can go and get help.

Castaic Middle School 1

Posted October 20, 2010
Not very happy with Castaic Middle School. I send my child to school to learn, not prep for test.

Castaic Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2008
I believe Castaic Middle School was a very good school. The teachers are always willing to give the students extra help. A very good thing about Castaic Middle School is that they have bussing for all of the students.

Posted February 19, 2005
Outstanding teacher involvement and caring about students Outstanding Music program; very qualified art teachers (includes video arts), with broad focus on the arts being incorporated into the curriculum HOWEVER, there's a GREAT need for more Visual Arts courses available to ALL students, including Fine Arts, Craft Arts, and expecially Industrial Arts. Also lacking are Performing Arts Classes such as Drama and Dance--and programs such as cooking and sewing (Home Economics and Nutrition).

Posted January 14, 2004
This school is an excellent school. We are so fortunate to have a public school like this in our area. The staff is an exceptional group of individuals.

Posted November 21, 2003
Castaic Middle School has such an exceptional academic and extra curricular activities/programs that meet the needs of all who attend. All of the schools within the Castaic Union School District are providing our children with a solid academic core with countless additional opportunities from interest specific clubs, to athletic competitions. Castaic Middle School has high quality, dedicated teaching and support staff which only further enhances the learning experience for students. I feel privileged to have been fortunate enough to have been able to provide my children with such a great academic opportunity.

Castaic Middle School
28900 Hillcrest Parkway, Castaic, CA  91384
Last modified Castaic Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castaic Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top