Castro Valley, CA
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Proctor Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2014
Not a good school for boys that aren't girl like. I know that sounds confusing but rough housing, sports, being active is pretty much prohibited at this school. I wish they would look at how Chabot Elementary treats boys. I have had 3 boys go through this school. 2 of them are now thriving after they got out of there. My son in kindergarten was accused of being a racist which later on was proven that it was an issue with the parents of the adopted child not my son. Later on he made a boyish joke towards a girl and because of that joke he had the police called on him. One of my other sons was tormented by a girl and he basically got told that he better be nicer to her and maybe she will be nicer to him. He didn't even want her around him. She would hit or kick him and go tell that he was being mean to her. The punishment is always to take away their recess no matter what. Worst thing you can possibly ever do to a boy for acting up in class. Go make him run for 30 min. Come on your educators boys need to let out energy. Stop treating the boys like girls.

Posted September 08, 2014
Proctor School has a very dedicated staff -all the way from the classroom, the from office, administration as well as support staff. I am very thankful my child had an opportunity to attend this school from K-5. Staff is currently very involved in trying new strategies and implementing common core standards. We love Proctor!

Proctor Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2014
Proctor Elementary is a good school overall. The school needs improvement with teachers though. My daughter has been at the school since kindergarten and has had 2 below par teachers. Your child might receive a good teacher or they may not. My child is starting middle school in August and is failing math.

Posted April 04, 2011
awesome school just graduated last year and i still visit because i miss this school

Posted February 27, 2011
All three of my children have gone to this school over a period of 12 years. The two oldest were incredibly prepared for middle school both academically and socially. My youngest who has had some issues academically has had teachers who are patient and kind and yet have helped him achieve to the best of HIS ability with sef-esteem intact. Proctor school is a fabulous school for children of all academic levels.

Posted April 27, 2010

Proctor Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Proctor is a very supportive community school that brings many parents into cooperative relationships with the teachers and principal to create a truly fun learning environment for the children and good community relations that span several generations now.

Posted August 28, 2009

Posted May 15, 2009
I have been part of Proctor's community for 5 years now. I can honestly say that I have never seen such a hard working staff. When I drive home from work at 6:00 pm, there are still many teachers still at work. My children have learned so much and have had a marvelous time with all the activies Proctor offers. I am also impressed with the amount of parents who regularly volunteer. My family loves Proctor Elementary!

Posted May 06, 2009
Contrary to the first poster there are FOUR special needs classes to deal with kids with disabilities or learning disorders. There is an onsite reading specialist and the level of dedication in the teaching staff is by far and away superb. I have two sons who are well behaved in and out of the class therefore possibly they have had a different experience than a kid who's sub-par behavior is justified as 'simply being a boy.' The parents need to begin upping their monetary donations to the school so we can continue our K-3 Science program(the only one in Castro Valley!) and our computer lab instruction. Both of these areas are incredibly interesting to my now 3rd and 1st grade sons. We have had warm and fuzzy teachers who have taught their socks off!

Proctor Elementary School
17520 Redwood Road, Castro Valley, CA  94546
Last modified Proctor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Proctor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top