Chula Vista, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 20, 2014
This school is no good, this is the first year my children are attending this school and so far i am very disatisfied,they have changed my child's teacher 3 times this year without notifying the parents,My child also gets bullied I have talked to the teacher and does nothing also I've tried talking to principal and she is always to busy to talk to any parents she is just rude! My children will not return to this school next year they need to work on a lot of issues at Castle Elementary Park Elementary,I do not recommend this School to anyone!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 24, 2013
I am very unsatisfied with the principals performance.(Ms. Moreno). my child has had a few incidents with the same bully and no one seems to care. I told her I would like to know that any bullying would not be tolerated, and that I would like to meet with the bullies parents, her reply was that is an unreasonable request. Other incident my child got fiberglass, yes fiberglass all over her legs as well as another student the same day. I took pics of the bench before and after maintenance crew serviced the bench. I could have done a better job with some sand paper, fiberglass and paint. This school has the lowest score and when I spoke with the principal about that matter all she said is working to improve. I told her that i would like to meet with her and the superintendent and on her terms and she says that i would have to first make arrangements to meet with he superintendent. The school looks crummy and she is always out. I agree with previous comment that this principal is power hungry and does not care about the school. I am embarrassed to say my child attends this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2012
The principle is power hungry, very rude and short with the parents. Please don't ask any questions because she is Always busy and never have time to answer. On another note, the teachers do take the time to help. Unfortunately my child will not be returning back to this place. We will find a school where parents and students are equally treated with respect.

Posted October 16, 2010
We are a transfer out. The teachers are excellent, but there has been a lot of trouble with the leadership and direction of the school. I feel sorry for the teachers because they have a difficult job and not enough concerned parents and a very difficult and unfriendly management style. So sad because at one time, I would have put my child here.

Castle Park Elementary School 5

Posted June 12, 2009
My daughter Bella M. was always happy day to day to attend school with Mrs. Mamasig, she is the best teacher my daughter had! Mr. Crellin my son's teacher 6 grade he is always on top of his students. Staff and other people that help around very well dedicated. I love this school. So sad my daughter needs to attend home school.. I hope we get the best with teachers in this school. I highly recommend this school Special Ed are the greatest!!!!!Principal Thank you so much for your support, your doing a great job with your kids! Maria

Posted February 27, 2008
The school in general could be better but my daughter had the pleasure of being a student in Mrs. Bartkiewicz class. She is a wonderful teacher and my daughter enjoyed everyday of school. Mrs. B makes the extra effort to develop an individual relationship with each of her students and I admire that.

Castle Park Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2007
my little girl angie has been in proving so much at this school than rice it is the best school she really got pushed b her teachers mr.jhonsen (who last day is today)and mrs.spurgon I think they are wonderful and need to be paid more

Posted July 14, 2006
This school wasn't my first choice for my son, but I think it has improved these past 2 years despite changing principals every year. My son had 2 excellent teachers that really pushed and challenged him to his full extent. Ms.Spurgeon is a excellent teacher who really helped my son with his weakness, math. Also Mr. Crellin is a excellent teacher. I think the parents also have to do their part and help their children. Teachers can only do so much. So overall I think this school is A okay.

Posted January 09, 2006

Posted January 25, 2005
- a former student
I highly recommend you don't send your kids to this school. Look at the scores parents......That is what they are for!

Castle Park Elementary School
25 Emerson Street, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Castle Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top