Posted February 01, 2013
Our son just entered 7th grade and was an honor roll student all of last year however this year, he has fallen off the mark due to the lack of interest from his teachers. At the beginning of the school year at the parent teachers conference, we specifically asked for a heads up on upcoming tests so that we could better structure our son's study schedule. They agreed, took notes and we have yet to receive any notifications of any tests since then. I had even sent a reminder after Christmas break and still nothing! Pathetic!

Posted January 28, 2013
i went to this school from K-7 and i was bully everyday i went there. this school was bad. my 7th grade teacher hated me for no reason. i lost hope iin everything in my life. in my opinion this school sucks. i hated when i went there and istill hate now.

Lichen K-8 4

Posted August 13, 2012
My two children attend Lichen. The best thing about Lichen are the teachers and there music program. My children are now in 7 and 8th grade, I did not want them to go to Syvan. I've heard such bad things about them. I here there are a lot of drugs and disapline problems. I prefer my children be safe and they are at Lichen.

Posted June 27, 2011
Not a good school for 7th or 8th grade. Teachers are limited. No extra-curricular. Too much brow-beating going on under the guise of "preparation for high school." Kids are just beaten down and lose interest and hope. Although the principal is great - the teachers don't follow her leadership nor do they have her level of dedication to the students. The lower grades teachers - many of them are good - a few are not and should not even be still teaching there after numerous complaints years ago.

Lichen K-8 5

Posted November 07, 2010
I have four kids in my family from KG through 6th grade going to this school.All the kids are doing well in studies. Academically and discipline wise its a good school. Teachers are caring, hardworkers and keep us informed about kids progress time to time. I recommend this school to other parants as I didn't observe any negative aspect of this school in last 10 years period.

Posted March 02, 2010
This reviewer got it right. It is 2010 and the same problems still exist in the 7th & 8th grade. While it is a cut above sending your kids to Sylvan Middle School (shudder) - it will not get your kids ready for high school. The AVID concepts that are supposed to be embedded in the curriculum are nowhere to be seen. My sister was an AVID teacher - they don't trash kids!

Lichen K-8 5

Posted August 07, 2009
lichen is a great school. the teachers are terrific. I have 3 kids at Lichen and would recommend the school to everyone.

Lichen K-8 4

Posted January 20, 2009
Lichen has come a long way. In 2008-2009 we continue to see an increase in academic achievement which can be directly attributed to our teachers' hard work with our kids. Lichen's scores are above the district average and continuing to climb. With the addition of a band and choir program this year wonderful things are happening. We have a great PTA that strives to bring fun actitivities to our school. Our new principal, Ms. Butorac is excellent. School discipline is maintained, academics, sports and arts supported and parent involvement strongly encouraged. Lichen is a great place for your kids to get an education.

Lichen K-8 2

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted September 09, 2008
Terrible school, they hardly watch the children, they cannot handle any bullies on the playground. My child went from k-5th grade not being able to read, and they didn't even notice. I spoke to the teacher and they said my daughter could read fine, but I knew different, it wasn't until after I pulled her out of that school and put her into another that she was finally able to read and write good. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!

Lichen K-8
8319 Lichen Drive, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
Last modified Lichen K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lichen K-8 Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top