Posted March 18, 2014
I love my school and proud to say I GRADUATED from Compton High! And those who are ashamed of being from Compton High should be ashamed of themselves because Compton high is not the best school, but it did its best!

Compton High School 2

Posted January 27, 2014
The staff at Compton high is very lazy ! The nurse is never in her office . Overall Compton high is a horrible school.

Compton High School 1

Posted April 29, 2013
this school is the worst. i attended this school four years ago and i have to say that now im in college and what has happen is that while others take so little time to write an analysis essay i take the whole day. I did not learn any writing skills while I was in this school which in fact I had to teach myself. Teachers are not motivating some come in just to get their paycheck. Once i asked a teacher from Compton for help in a math problem and he told me to get help from my classmate. I hate this school teachers are there to help you not to send you back to your seat. Also my counselor was trying to put me in a non-college prep course until he saw my GPA which was high and then offered me something else. One last thing stay away from this school this school will get you no where. Im on my way to grad school and everything i have learned i owe it all to my college professors and TA's.

Posted September 21, 2009

Compton High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Compton High has change had a enormous impact in the local community in the past recent years. Compton High rocks!

Compton High School 1

Posted July 16, 2009

Compton High School 0

Posted May 11, 2009
As a parent this would not be the school of choice. As a former classified worker who worked at this school for 5 years , I feel there is nothing wrong with this school. It is up to the student to apply themselves, even the PE dept does testing preps for the students during testing times , there is a lot of stigma tied to this school which is sad , the school just needs more money and attention but the teachers there really care and so did I , the school has lots of potential and I only had one fight per year in there area where I worked believe it or not. The school is like any other high school filled to capacity. you go Tarbabes !!!

Compton High School 2

Posted April 28, 2009
As a recent Compton High grad, it pains me to see the delusional lens of some of its current students. Compton High is by no means a great school. It does, however, have academic potential and try to aid its 'better' performing students as best it can. Yes, I too hate that all the negative stigmas tied to our city and school. Nontheless, the fact remains that we are a low peforming and achieving school. It's great to take pride in our city, and continued family generations of schooling; it is not okay to deceive ourselves. Not until recently has the administration been stable. It tool from my brother's time (2000) until I graduated (2007) for us to keep a prinicipal. Although A.P. and honors teachers are pretty hepful and dedicated, the rest of the student populus (and mind you, greater students populus) do not receive the same attention or nurishment.

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted November 19, 2008

Compton High School
601 South Acacia Street, Compton, CA  90220
Last modified Compton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Compton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top