351 students|Compton Unified

Bad
Good

This school has come along way toward being run correctly. The current principal is very professional and has a no nonsense attitude which is needed here. My child was in Mr. Bagdassarian's class for pre K and we had a very good experience. Overall it was a good year last year. I hope we have the same or better this year. I like the school because it is small and has made changes for the better. Nice people work here. Mr. Bagdessarian was very friendly and out going. The 2 other teacher in his building were not so great attitude wise. But he was funny and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to send my child here from what I experienced, (although I would avoid the other 2 kindergarten teachers that were his neighbors:( But I am sure the education was good. I rate the school a 7 out of 10. Mrs. M. Hernandez Lynwood, CA.

My son was fortunate to have a great teacher in Mr. Charest. Unfortunately, the rest of the administrative staff was hard to deal with. It always seemed like parents were the last to know things. I was the type of parent who was always at the school and asking questions, but the staff just was un-informed. I want to reiterate that Mr. Charest was a great teacher, and real easy to work with. He did a great job with my son, and I appreciate the extra time Mr. C took in developing my son's education. My son will miss his class and I hope he gets Mr. C again in another grade. Mr. Vizcarra

Mckinley has an awesome special education department. They work well as a team and helped my son move back into the regular education class. He is doing great!!!!

This school has helped my child learn. The teacher Mr. Charest in 3rd grade has really helped. He is a great teacher and my son loved his class.

McKinley offers a diverse group ofg teachers that bring along with them a multitude of academic talent.

Last modified McKinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.